1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Yes it's a friendly, yes there's no continuity to the team selection and yes, we shouldn't over-react but that really was atrocious throughout that first half from Rangers. I wrote at length about the board on our main site today. If this continues, the manager will be next.

I appreciate Clement has lost players and hasn't yet replaced them properly. But that doesn't explain the awful attitude of those playing tonight, their apparent lack of tactical understanding/plan and our complete inability to do the basics anywhere correct.

This can be summed up in one easy post. We had several weeks of the Euros to grab ideas and find new systems during our pre-season. We're still using the same tired 4-2-3-1 and our best tactic is to go with the Southgate attacking throw-in back to the goalkeeper and launch long.

Agree with all of that.  If we go with 4231 again we are doomed but it doesn't look like he will change it.  It was a shambles tonight and reminiscent of Beale's pre season.

That was as poor a half of football as I can recall, we were woeful. It's worth remembering Birmingham are in the English third tier. I know it's a friendly and perhaps the players have been getting run mercilessly for 2 weeks with an eye on a long season or something, but I'd still expect us to put up a better showing than that. The fact I was actually pleased when Wright and Dessers came on depresses me. 

I'm starting to wonder if so many senior players leaving, or trying to leave, is causing issues behind the scenes. We didn't look like a team last night, or at the weekend. I fully accept a couple of good signings could change everything, so I hope they happen soon. 

As an aside I liked the look of the Birmingham right back in the first half. Laird I think was his name. Obviously he was given the freedom of the wing and our tactics of not running or tackling and passing to Birmingham players might have enhanced his performance. 

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

That was as poor a half of football as I can recall, we were woeful. It's worth remembering Birmingham are in the English third tier. I know it's a friendly and perhaps the players have been getting run mercilessly for 2 weeks with an eye on a long season or something, but I'd still expect us to put up a better showing than that. The fact I was actually pleased when Wright and Dessers came on depresses me. 

I'm starting to wonder if so many senior players leaving, or trying to leave, is causing issues behind the scenes. We didn't look like a team last night, or at the weekend. I fully accept a couple of good signings could change everything, so I hope they happen soon. 

As an aside I liked the look of the Birmingham right back in the first half. Laird I think was his name. Obviously he was given the freedom of the wing and our tactics of not running or tackling and passing to Birmingham players might have enhanced his performance. 

IMO, there are very much elements of PLG's time at the club right now.

To say the manager has been less than convincing over the last few months is an understatement. Only a decent initial 3-4 months has credit in the bank for him (unlikely PLG who never got going at all).

Guys like Tav and Cantwell are not Barry Ferguson either but it does seem like the manager is removing various leaders from the dressing room to change the culture. Another difference to PLG's time is that we (or at least a lot of us) wanted that change so I think we need to allow Clement lee-way now.  However, a bad start to the season will see any and all goodwill removed. 

The footballing part of the general Omnishambles continues at pace (the stadium, less so).....!!

The atmosphere and general vibe around the players has to be toxic given the amount of players that the club want to move on. To bring youngsters into that type of dressing room is far from ideal.

The manager is herding cats at the moment and the short term forecast is for more stormy weather.

It has to be said that Clement is now showing a side that is less than convincing but we have to hope he can (& wants) to ride the storm out and starts to regain control and build something, once this transfer window is closed. This would require a successful few weeks of recruitment, on the cheap and our patience, if results go Pete Tong.

Last summer and beyond, we have went for outside bets in the transfer market. Trying to squeeze quality out of the 'elderly', out of favour or injury prone. Predictabily, it didn't work.

Now the whole shooting match is an outside bet.

I would require long odds to be tempted into putting any money on it.

Edited by buster.

Some laugh the manager losing that dressing room.

Things got too comfortable, he's trying to change it and it's gone down like a sack of tatties.

If ever you wondered if it was a squad worth getting behind, there's your answer.