25 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not saying that means we go 4-4-2 with long ball after long ball but sometimes the direct route can be merited.

A lot of modern football fans seem to be horrified by a long ball.  For me, if it gets goals, it's fine.  

The problem is ours don't often get goals and we seen to do it more out of desperation than thoughtful intent.

Edited by Gonzo79

I only caught snippets of the second half but the amount of bed wetting both here and on twitter reinforces my long-held view that all pre-season friendlies should be behind closed doors with no tv coverage. The matches almost always fail to entertain, the second half is usually non-stop interruptions with subs, and it would be far better for players to find their feet away from the glare of supporters. 
Getting booed off at HT in a bounce game is a new low. What chance do our young and new players have when they are not allowed even a half a bounce game without such harsh scrutiny?

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Getting booed off at HT in a bounce game is a new low.

It's obvious you didn't watch the first half.   How anyone can have a go at the travelling support for booing that is bizarre. 

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, Tannochsidebear said:

I only caught snippets of the second half but the amount of bed wetting both here and on twitter reinforces my long-held view that all pre-season friendlies should be behind closed doors with no tv coverage. The matches almost always fail to entertain, the second half is usually non-stop interruptions with subs, and it would be far better for players to find their feet away from the glare of supporters. 
Getting booed off at HT in a bounce game is a new low. What chance do our young and new players have when they are not allowed even a half a bounce game without such harsh scrutiny?

It's more to do with shape, intensity,  passing, structure, system etc than performance and results.

We have none of the above and are hurtling towards the start of the league campaign and critical CL qualifiers. 

8 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Truth be told, people have been working themselves into those doom-and-gloom-mode for weeks now. No wonder that they see very little positives now. There sure is not much to get excited by now, but playing competitive football will be a different matter entirely. I still remember seasons that we started being next to last after a four or five weeks in the season, despite top-notch players. And we still finished top half a year later. Whatever will be, will be.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I still remember seasons that we started being next to last after a four or five weeks in the season, despite top-notch players. And we still finished top half a year later.

Yes but that was before Celtc scudded every other team in sight.  Changed days - we have to win every league match now and can't start badly.