It doesn't help that we appear not to know what system we are playing. There is nothing, absolutely nothing in those 45mins to suggest we have a system in place that the players know or understand. It's almost as if Clement is making it as hard as Beale did. 

I wouldn't change any of this at HT. Unless we are talking of youngsters. This looks like a B-Team game and should have been advertised as such. Imagine we manage to get any of the half-decent first teamers out there or on the bench injured ...

There is no midfield whatsoever, Diomande pretty bad, McKinnon non-existent, Lowry shocking, Tavernier half-asleep. There is next to no service to Danilo or McCausland, Matondo at his average best. Ridvan, Nsiala and Balogun doing what is needed.

Just now, der Berliner said:

I wouldn't change any of this at HT. Unless we are talking of youngsters. This looks like a B-Team game and should have been advertised as such. Imagine we manage to get any of the half-decent first teamers out there or on the bench injured ...

There is no midfield whatsoever, Diomande pretty bad, McKinnon non-existent, Lowry shocking, Tavernier half-asleep. There is next to no service to Danilo or McCausland, Matondo at his average best. Ridvan, Nsiala and Balogun doing what is needed.

Nobody gets pass marks in those 45mins. Utter garbage.

We look lethargic, slow, unfit, pedestrian, clueless and gutless. 

Yes it's a friendly, yes there's no continuity to the team selection and yes, we shouldn't over-react but that really was atrocious throughout that first half from Rangers. I wrote at length about the board on our main site today. If this continues, the manager will be next.

I appreciate Clement has lost players and hasn't yet replaced them properly. But that doesn't explain the awful attitude of those playing tonight, their apparent lack of tactical understanding/plan and our complete inability to do the basics anywhere correct.

This can be summed up in one easy post. We had several weeks of the Euros to grab ideas and find new systems during our pre-season. We're still using the same tired 4-2-3-1 and our best tactic is to go with the Southgate attacking throw-in back to the goalkeeper and launch long.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

But that doesn't explain the awful attitude of those playing tonight,

You'd hope me the 7,000 Bears booing them off might wake them from their slumber but I won't hold my breath.  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

You'd hope me the 7,000 Bears booing them off might wake them from their slumber but I won't hold my breath.  

I was offered a free ticket for tonight (have family in Birmingham) and with being off this week was going to go down.  Glad I didn't bother