Just now, CammyF said:

Agreed, but one of those various reasons isn't because the fans want them sold. 

Not normally but in a situation where the relationship between a player and fans gets nasty then it would have to be taken into consideration.  I doubt anyone wants to be a scapegoat at their workplace.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

You have indeed mentioned the above before. It was just when you said 'root of the problems' I thought there was something more there; one or two key things that you felt were the 'root' of the issues. I'm not sure they are 'root' causes, but that's just semantics and certainly doesn't mean I disagree with your list of failures. 

I think the cause of point 1 and 2 are related to the relationship between the DoF and Board. I don't think the DoF has enough power to implement the recruitment strategy we need. Moreover, the Board has too much influence on managerial appointments; I think it should be mainly down to the DoF. We have since changed our DoF and we can see a shift in his approach. Whether he still has a lack of power (i.e. ability to sell a player when the value is high and a offer comes in, etc.), I don't know.

Point 3 is irrelevant because we didn't have a DoF at that time. It was stupid, but nothing could be done about it. 

Point 4 could be related to both the DoF and the Board. The former I've touched upon. The latter: I'm not sure it's 'horrific'; there's progress being made behind the scenes. It's certainly not moving quickly enough. 

Point 5 lists a couple of mistakes, but they're not egregious mistakes, IMO. That's just me, though. I believe heads have rolled? 

Point 6 is a problem, and has been for a while. I do get the sense that you want concrete answers to every little detail yesterday, when that's sometimes not possible. I certainly feel that there is a lot that fans just shouldn't be allowed to know. 

Point 7 is usually the fact that some roles have not been filled. It's just the CEO, is it not? He has just left, so I don't think it's really expected that a new appointment would be made the next day - it did take us a while to get a DoF. 

If we were to drill down on a 'root' cause, I'd go with the power granted to the DoF: I think our DoF should have more power in running the football department. That's just my opinion. @RANGERRAB will probably have a fit. :D 

The other would be the quality of the Board, but I'm not sure the fans are the best to judge - They'll see systemic problems if we draw at the weekend. 

The DoF role is definitely one we've never really gotten right. I think like you, the DoF should be the one person who decides when players are sold and who has (I hate the term as its a Ross Wilson one), succession plan for players and managers.

Regarding the CEO, again it's about having the forethought to know who will replace them BEFORE they leave. We appear to be a reactive club rather than a proactive one (that goes for more than recruitment).

I believe the Academy Director has still to be filled (I may be wrong), so there is another pivotal role within the club. 

As for communication, I don't want answers to every detail yesterday. The question around how long we are going to be at Hampden isn't an insignificant issue - it may impact how we start our league campaign (it's critical we get off to a good start) and worse, could see us play our CL qualifiers there. A couple of vague holding statements aren't good enough. 

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not normally but in a situation where the relationship between a player and fans gets nasty then it would have to be taken into consideration.  I doubt anyone wants to be a scapegoat at their workplace.

Good job we didn't sell Ally McCoist when the fans were singing Ally Ally get to F.... or when they were demoaning Mark Hateley and Andy Goram....... 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

But for clarification ;

That’s a helluva lot of roots.

The root cause is Murray spending beyond the club’s means for which he needed the ill fated EBT scheme. 

The spivs only exacerbated the damage. Everyone else has been fighting fires and under that pressure a lot of wrong decisions have been made.

24 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

That’s a helluva lot of roots.

The root cause is Murray spending beyond the club’s means for which he needed the ill fated EBT scheme. 

The spivs only exacerbated the damage. Everyone else has been fighting fires and under that pressure a lot of wrong decisions have been made.

Agreed, it can all be traced back as you said above. However, it shouldnt excuse the current clusterfu** which is down to the current board making wrong decision after wrong decision.

I also never get this assumption that Rangers fans should never publicly call out the board, if only we (as a collective) had when the moonbeams started to fade and the facade started to crack. 

A very few of us questioned it, we were ridiculed (and worse) but it's at times like these when, without any pleasure, we could say "told you so"...  

Edited by CammyF

24 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agreed, it can all be traced back as you said above. However, it shouldnt excuse the current clusterfu** which is down to the current board making wrong decision after wrong decision.

I also never get this assumption that Rangers fans should never publicly call out the board, if only we (as a collective) had when the moonbeams started to fade and the facade started to crack. 

A very few of us questioned it, we were ridiculed (and worse) but it's at times like these when, without any pleasure, we could say "told you so"...  

The Warburton, Pedro & Beale appointments were all wrong for one reason or another