We beat West Ham 3-1 at Ibrox last preseason!. We lost 2-0 to Man UTD today!. I fail to see what preseason matches results matter! it's all about getting fit, and working on formations, getting minutes on the pitch.

We knew before todays match what players we have, and a few players returning from long term injuries, new players coming in!. No bearing on our season ahead at all.

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

But we have players who have recently reached a European final.

How many played today? and it was the Europa League final not the Champions league!. That was a couple of years ago now as well.

The players that played in the EL final are the players that Rangers fans want rid of!.

Edited by ian1964

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

and it was the Europa League final not the Champions league!. That was a couple of years ago now as well.

I did say "a European final", which the Europa League final is.  We signed Tav nine years ago, so in the grand scheme of things, two years can safely be described as "recently".  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I did say "a European final", which the Europa League final is.  We signed Tav nine years ago, so in the grand scheme of things, two years can safely be described as "recently".  

How many players who played today played in the EL final?.

It is preseason training!.

14 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

We beat West Ham 3-1 at Ibrox last preseason!. We lost 2-0 to Man UTD today!. I fail to see what preseason matches results matter! it's all about getting fit, and working on formations, getting minutes on the pitch.

We knew before todays match what players we have, and a few players returning from long term injuries, new players coming in!. No bearing on our season ahead at all.

I agree - results are meaningless in pre-season. 

I wasn't expecting us to win today, but I was expecting a goal or two against their children - or at least a good few chances. 

Didn't see anything we didn't already know, apart from a less than convincing performance by Jefte. 

Clock is ticking.....

At a time when every penny is a prisoner, Robbie Fraser would have been a cheaper alternative to Jefte for a backup left back.

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I agree - results are meaningless in pre-season. 

I wasn't expecting us to win today, but I was expecting a goal or two against their children - or at least a good few chances. 

We did have a couple of shots on target 😁