1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I forgot we're playing Manchester United at Murrayfield on 20th July.  Strangely, even though Murrayfield is only about a 25 minute walk from my house, I have no intention of attending that one, mainly due to the ticket price.  

Same for me - roughly about 20 minutes drive but I'm no going to watch a bunch of our kids playing Man U under 17's which I think it'll essentially be

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

To defect?

I served something like four years or so in the then West Germany and I was only present once during a Soviet defection.

The two Red Army formations facing us were 3 Guards Army and 7th Shock Army, 18 Divisions plus support against our four in BAOR. One hot summers Sunday, a T64 MBT came careering out of the wood line, zigzagging across the wheat field. I requested weapons free permission and provided the RA with the appropriate x-ray grid. I was told to, "wait out". The distance from their wood line to ours was nearly 4K but, it crashed into the trees about 300 metres to our left and, the crew poured out. They were howling drunk.

It took a couple of days but Intelligence got back saying they had been expecting something over the weekend but had no specifics thus, no warning order. Hence, no weapons free permission either. Apparently, the 7th Shock Army had received their quarterly black boot polish bulk allocation the day before. A troop of three tank crews had placed their blocks of boot polish on loafs in direct sunlight, the industrial alcohol percolated into the bread and, they consumed it. An hour later, three of them decided on the mazy run. The others were blind drunk, literally.

I suspect I have just contravened the Official Secrets Act?

16 hours ago, yuddie said:

Aye I'm hoping to get to the Birmingham City friendly as it's local.

The team need an intensive camp somewhere so I'm guessing we'll have a bounce match at the end of it.

Or not, I might be talking shite.

I'll try and get there too as I'm quite local.

5 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I will be surprised if they don't have one at Ibrox but with work going on in the stadium it may not be possible.

I'm sure I read or heard that there will be no home friendlies this Summer, for that very reason.

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm sure I read or heard that there will be no home friendlies this Summer, for that very reason.

I am just as glad.  I seldom enjoy them and see it as a donation.  As such, I won't be donating to the Man Utd one.

6 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Good.

For the simple reason that the first time our new players walk out the Ibrox tunnel, they'll get the atmosphere of a new season, feel the weight of the Jersey and thrive on the expectation.

Hopefully!