....Struth;

Symon;

Waddell;

Wallace;

Greig;

Sounness;

Smith;

Advocaat.....

...And for the life of me the names of the men who were MDs, or CEOs,when these men managed the Club quite escape me. 

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

....Struth;

Symon;

Waddell;

Wallace;

Greig;

Sounness;

Smith;

Advocaat.....

...And for the life of me the names of the men who were MDs, or CEOs,when these men managed the Club quite escape me. 

Changed days nowadays though. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Changed days nowadays though. 

Yes,  that seems to be so. 

I should like success on the pitch to overshadow everything else, including, perhaps particularly, who does what in the Boardroom. 

An unlikely scenario, I suspect. Not because success on the field is impossible -it isn't - but because off field issues, since, and including, SDM, have been, well, difficult, and newsworthy. 

On 01/06/2024 at 09:52, RANGERRAB said:

We need a high profile, big hitter for the CEO role at Rangers. One who is prepared to confront the SFA and the SPFL. 

The response from the club to the corrupt refereeing last Saturday was abysmal 

The CEO will take his instructions from the PLC board as to the level of confrontation.

Also we may not know the level of confrontation. It may be that they think that doing it privately may be more effective, even if it doesn't assuage parts of our support. 

19 hours ago, Uilleam said:

And for the life of me the names of the men who were MDs, or CEOs, when these men managed the Club quite escape me. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

That's not strictly true.

Actually it is. 

And, actually, I find it almost, well, depressing that we have to hear about, consider, and debate, boardroom appointments, at all. 

What I will say is that if one wished to start and run a "professional sports business", then one might well consider recruiting people who know how to do such things, and have experience which demonstrates such knowledge. It doesn't seem to me that expertise in one field, must of necessity transfer to another. 

The problem at Ibrox might be that we have, and have had, a set of successful business people, who are, perhaps, struggling a little, because football is an industry in which they have little experience, and which does not easily bend into comfortable shape. 

Consider the erstwhile SNP panjandrum, and big name big businessman, McColl, who took over Fergusson's shipyard in Port Glasgow, and how quickly that whole shebang turned belly up. 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Actually it is. 

And, actually, I find it almost, well, depressing that we have to hear about, consider, and debate, boardroom appointments, at all. 

What I will say is that if one wished to start and run a "professional sports business", then one might well consider recruiting people who know how to do such things, and have experience which demonstrates such knowledge. It doesn't seem to me that expertise in one field, must of necessity transfer to another. 

The problem at Ibrox might be that we have, and have had, a set of successful business people, who are, perhaps, struggling a little, because football is an industry in which they have little experience, and which does not easily bend into comfortable shape. 

Consider the erstwhile SNP panjandrum, and big name big businessman, McColl, who took over Fergusson's shipyard in Port Glasgow, and how quickly that whole shebang turned belly up. 

I don't know, Uilleam, I think the names of Waddell, Holmes and Murray are hard to forget and are closely associated with the managers they appointed, or removed. However, I'll concede it seems unlikely we'll be speaking about Bisgrove's time at Rangers 30 years from now. I agree that for most of us who is in the boardroom or executive level is of far less interest than who is starting at left back or picking the team. However, particularly with our recent history, debating and keeping a watchful eye on who is making decisions in Edmiston Drive is beholden on all of us. 

I would agree entirely that having success in one field is no guarantee that success will inevitably follow in a different one. Football in particular is strewn with the carcasses of men (almost always men) who were successful in business and then failed spectacularly in the business of football. I read yesterday's press release from Everton about the probable collapse of the sale of the club, I'm reminded that Moshri had a stellar senior management record and Bill Kenwright was an impresario of rare success. Yet both presided over a long period of decline despite a huge latent support and access to Sky's millions for decades. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

The CEO will take his instructions from the PLC board as to the level of confrontation.

Also we may not know the level of confrontation. It may be that they think that doing it privately may be more effective, even if it doesn't assuage parts of our support. 

That maybe true but in my view too often Rangers are seen as an easy target by the usual suspects who seek to damage the club & its reputation. 
Too often there seems to be little or no response from within the club & it must never be left to the manager or players to fill that role. 
Charles Green’s tenure now lies in the gutter but I’d argue he was the type of figure we need prepared to go after our enemies. In the 5 OF games this season we’ve witnessed horrendous refereeing which cost us and there was little or no response from the club. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It does seem that way but the media are under the control of the spalpeens. Complaints by Rangers are ridiculed. Complaints by celtic are elevated to matters of national importance and something must be done.

On reflection, I might have got that wrong. The media aren’t controlled by the spalpeens. The media are spalpeens almost to a man or woman.

Celtic have almost all of the media in their back pocket. More worryingly they now seem to have referees also under their control too with Collum’s recent appointment 

Edited by RANGERRAB