The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

With all due respect, what makes you think Ridvan and Lawrence will suddenly give us decent returns? 

Also, only Jefte or Ridvan will play, so both won't give decent returns. 

Danilo missed as many chances as Dessers and is returning from a bad injury. Are you suggesting Danilo comes straight into the team ahead of Dessers? 

If we sell Dessers (a possibility) and then have Danilo leading the line, I'd suggest that's a huge gamble. 

Danilo has much better stats than Dessers. I think if you give Danilo the 30 league games Dessers got, he scores 20 goals (compared to Dessers' 13, in the league). 

Yilmaz's xA is decent but needs to do more. 

I don't like Lawrence. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I'm not disagreeing - but it's undeniable that a bad start to the season topped with losing the 1st OF game will lead to utter meltdown and the very genuine possibility that Clement will be removed. 

And poor 1-0 wins and a lucky OF win will see England NT levels of expectation and a statue for Philippe. 

I cant control that. I'll judge them on performances. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Danilo has much better stats than Dessers. I think if you give Danilo the 30 league games Dessers got, he scores 20 goals (compared to Dessers' 13, in the league). 

Yilmaz's xA is decent but needs to do more. 

I don't like Lawrence. 

What we're Danilos stats last season? I like Danilo but think it's a gamble starting him ahead of Dessers but we might have to if we sell Deasers. 

For me Yilmaz has 2 issues - his stats aren't that impressive and he's injured regularly (and when he is injured he seems to take extended time to get fit).

I'm hoping Jefte is our starting LB and Yilmaz is the back-up.

59 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think a full season from Cortes will cover the loss of Tavernier's output. 

Tavernier scored 5 non-penalty goals in 38 league games last season (0.13 p90) . Cortes scored 1 in 6 (0.16 p90). You'd expect him to better that, though. 

Tavernier's assists p90 was 0.24, while Cortes was 0.28. 

It's the 'extra' assists from a defender that worries me most, but most fullbacks should be able to contribute nowadays. (Yilmaz does have an xA p90 of 0.21.)

And that's comparing a well-established player with a youngster just getting used to the league. 

I know this post won't go down well... :D

Rage against the machine, brother.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

What we're Danilos stats last season? I like Danilo but think it's a gamble starting him ahead of Dessers but we might have to if we sell Deasers. 

For me Yilmaz has 2 issues - his stats aren't that impressive and he's injured regularly (and when he is injured he seems to take extended time to get fit).

His goals p90 was excellent from what I recall, albeit a small sample size.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

And poor 1-0 wins and a lucky OF win will see England NT levels of expectation and a statue for Philippe. 

I cant control that. I'll judge them on performances. 

Off course, and I'm not advocating removing Clement. The issues we have are not his doing.

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

That's strange as I recall him missing numerous chances especially away to Dundee when we won 5-0 (he eventuallyscored that night). Maybe my old mind playing tricks on me.

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

0.93 xg p90 is ludicrous tbf.

Not far off Haaland numbers, relatively speaking...his is 1.03.

Screenshot_20240719_202723_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.81891c57ff284aa96931dc232ed085d2.jpg

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

(Correction: Dessers got 16 league goals, not 13.) 

Danilo's goals per 90 was 0.68 compared to Dessers' 0.63.

Assist per 90 is 0.17 vs 0.14 in Danilo's favour. 

Danilo also has a much higher xG per 90, too - 0.93 vs 0.76. 

He just looks like a better all-round forward, IMO. 

Ridvan's xA is 3.72, which is much higher than someone like Lawrence, surprisingly. It's 0.22 per 90, which is about 8 assists in a season (Tavernier had 10).

I don't disagree with his injury issue.

I would rather see Yilmaz start, but wouldn't be bothered either way.