The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But in the market we are dealing in, we're going to get some wrong. Not all projects will become starters. Or starters be "value for money". 

Which is why we should try to get both in one, no? 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Agreed - also from midfield and we need to score more from set-pieces. 

My argument is that outwith Dessers we don't have a player currently who looks like they'll score 20+ goals (or 30+ if they take pens and have a conversion rate similar to Tav). 

Sima and / or Tav would give you 40 goals between them.

28 goals and 10 assist they contributed last season, in the league. 

We do need more goals from a lot of places. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Which is why we should try to get both in one, no? 

Oh we can try but it's not going to be 100% successful.  No matter how we cut it between starters, projects or starting projects, we'll get some wrong

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

28 goals and 10 assist they contributed last season, in the league. 

We do need more goals from a lot of places. 

Sima's season was cut short with injury - he was on course to get 25/30. Was flying before his injury and was our main threat. 

Just now, CammyF said:

Oh we can try but it's not going to be 100% successful.  No matter how we cut it between starters, projects or starting projects, we'll get some wrong

If neither are going to be 100% successes, then I'd rather we take the risk on a project. Bigger upside. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

If neither are going to be 100% successes, then I'd rather we take the risk on a project. Bigger upside. 

Bigger upside potentially but longer to make an impact on the team. 

Let's be honest, if we lose a game prior to the 1st OF game then lose at Parkhead, the toxicity from last season will be nothing compared to what will transpire. 

Clement needs instant impact signings as well as players he can phase into the team. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sima's season was cut short with injury - he was on course to get 25/30. Was flying before his injury and was our main threat. 

His xG per 90 minutes was 0.44, which would have given 16-17 goals for the season. 

That would've been around 34 goals from Sima and Tavernier together. 

Just now, CammyF said:

Bigger upside potentially but longer to make an impact on the team. 

Let's be honest, if we lose a game prior to the 1st OF game then lose at Parkhead, the toxicity from last season will be nothing compared to what will transpire. 

Clement needs instant impact signings as well as players he can phase into the team. 

We're skint. 

Every signing has to have potential. 

That's just me, though. 

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

We essentially need to convert chances created into goals scored. No matter who does it on the park. I expect some decent return in terms of goals and assists by Danilo, Cortes, Lawrence, Jefte, and Ridvan this season.

Our "goals conceded per chances created by the opposition" ration must have been one of the worst in the league, too. 

With all due respect, what makes you think Ridvan and Lawrence will suddenly give us decent returns? 

Also, only Jefte or Ridvan will play, so both won't give decent returns. 

Danilo missed as many chances as Dessers and is returning from a bad injury. Are you suggesting Danilo comes straight into the team ahead of Dessers? 

If we sell Dessers (a possibility) and then have Danilo leading the line, I'd suggest that's a huge gamble. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

We're skint. 

Every signing has to have potential. 

That's just me, though. 

I'm not disagreeing - but it's undeniable that a bad start to the season topped with losing the 1st OF game will lead to utter meltdown and the very genuine possibility that Clement will be removed.