The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

13 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Lammers ... is a striker. he played in 31 games for us (1642 mins), 7 times as right-winger (no goals or assists), 6 times as secondary striker (1 goal, 1 assist), 5 times as attacking midfielder (1 goal), and 2 times as striker. Games missing are those with less than 30 mins on the park and/or no position given). That is, we played him 2 times as a striker.

At Utrecht, he played in 20 games (1817 mins), every single one as striker, with 11 goals and 3 assists.

It very much remains to be seen what will happen to him now, you also wonder why he played/trained with the B-Team. The latter suggests that he's defo not in Clement's plans, but who knows?

It will be interesting to see if Hagi is sent to B-Team on his return

Its not uncommon for a club to continue to play a player the difference in wages when they leave if he takes a drop in wages. For example if he moves from 20k per week to 15k per week elsewhere we continue to pay him 5k per week for the duration of his contract. The player and agent would also get sign on fees etc from the new club. All is not lost its just a bit of cat and mouse playing out and I reckon he will be gone by the time the window 'slams shut'.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

As much as I'm not a fan of what I've seen from lammers, it's pretty clear that if he is utilised correctly then he can do a good job. If we aren't able to sell him then we will have to use him, but there is no point playing him out of position, unless we want to destroy any chance of selling him in the future.

We could keep paying Lammers to give the support something to complain about.

We would be too busy complaining about Lammers' wage to point out obvious facts like Raskin and Cantwell are rubbish.

This would take a lot of pressure off of the actual first team players and give them enough breathing space to improve.

12 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

We could keep paying Lammers to give the support something to complain about.

We would be too busy complaining about Lammers' wage to point out obvious facts like Raskin and Cantwell are rubbish.

This would take a lot of pressure off of the actual first team players and give them enough breathing space to improve.

Given Lammers appears to have been playing out of position let’s give him a run as the main striker and then judge him .

7 minutes ago, compo said:

Given Lammers appears to have been playing out of position let’s give him a run as the main striker and then judge him .

It's a pre-season friendly against a Man Utd team with not many starters - what a player does in a match like this won't make much, if any, difference to how the support or management view him.

54 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's a pre-season friendly against a Man Utd team with not many starters - what a player does in a match like this won't make much, if any, difference to how the support or management view him.

We’ll start him up front with Dessers  in the league fixtures 

Edited by compo

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

Don't think they'll sign Neumann and Goldson, but we can live in hope. 

The Saudi transfer window has opened today, so I'm sure a private jet full of cash is, as I type, speeding it's way to Glasgow.

Whether it gets here before the slow boat from China (steel), I don't know.