The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

44 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Not lose much keeping him for this season

I'm not necessarily talking financially. He has too many mistakes against the reptiles for me, they'll target him now that Borna has gone, and they'll get goals from it.

Aye, and Dessers might score 30 next season, but he should have had 40 last season. 

59 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Cold hard facts based on guesswork.  

See, your twisting things again. The cold hard facts are we don't know of we received any offers or if players said no to a move.

And the remainder of my post stands. Easy to sell top international and world class players especially when you are winning the EPL and European trophies. 

We did great business with Bassey, Patterson, Aribo and Kamara. Need more of this type of player / sale. 

49 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I'm not necessarily talking financially. He has too many mistakes against the reptiles for me, they'll target him now that Borna has gone, and they'll get goals from it.

Aye, and Dessers might score 30 next season, but he should have had 40 last season. 

Who is our top goalscorer against Celtic over last 2 seasons? 

He should have, but what about the players who didn't score 20 last season? They exempt form being on the must sell list?

Also, name me a striker who's in our price range that doesn't miss chances? 

Still quoting his past stats then. Cool, let's keep him then. Yes, he's been our top scorer against them, but its not been good enough. Are you happy with what we've won in those past 2 seasons?.

I'm not questioning his contribution, merely saying its time to move on.

Dessers was the only one who got the game time to score 20, tell me someone else that did?. He's a shite finisher, if you like him then that's cool, I quite like him too, he keeps coming back and scoring the odd goal, but he's still a shite finisher, that doesn't  change.

This is pointless, I'm out. 

Edited by Devil's advocaat

Just now, Devil's advocaat said:

Still quoting his past stats then. Cool, let's keep him then.

I'm not questioning his contribution, merely saying its time to move on.

Dessers was the only one who got the game time to score 20, tell me someone else that did?. He's a shite finisher, if you like him then that's cool, I quite like him too, he keeps coming back and scoring the odd goal, but he's still a shite finisher, that doesn't  change.

A shit finisher doesn't end up with 20 goals in a season. Alfie got as many chances and never scored 20 goals a season (same with Roofe and DeFoe). He had other attributes that were better than Dessers (strength, ability to play and thrive as a lone striker).

If we can get £5M or more for Dessers then we should sell him. All our players have a pricetag and if an offer is received that matches that and the player wants to leave, then the deal will happen. If neither of these things happen, we either sell at a loss or the player stays.

With Tav and Dessers, if they leave then no matter what we think of them, there will be a negative impact (goals and assists). Off course, their replacements may score and assist more, or they may not. 

If we are solely talking about selling players at the right time, then my argument is these 2 players aren't in that category. Tav should have been sold 2 or 3 years ago (but remember we sold Patterson for £16M, a fee we'd never have gotten for Tav), and Dessers has only been here 1 season and in that season, like it or not, he contributed. Put it this way, currently Tav & Dessers are the only 2 players in our squad who have the ability to score 20 goals a season. 

I don't like or dislike either of the players mentioned but as I said earlier, I would prefer if we moved Lammers on ahead of Dessers. 

As for posting previous stats, it's all we can do, can't post / predict the future.....

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

The cold hard facts are we don't know of we received any offers or if players said no to a move.

So the "cold hard facts" are that we don't know what went on.  

6 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So the "cold hard facts" are that we don't know what went on.  

It's a fact we don't know if we received offers or not. Agreed? 

Edited by CammyF

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

I think we have shown that we do and can sell players at the right time - Bassey, Patterson, Kamara and Aribo - circa £50M for players we paid very little for

I think we actually sold Kamara a season too late and we definitely dropped the ball on Kent and Alfie. 

Although I think the root cause of our issue is we have no faith in recruitment to replace good players when we do sell, and that goes back to the mindset Gerrard had. And I cant blame him our recruitment has been poor. Last 2 seasons especially. Recruitment under Gerrard was good in comparison.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we actually sold Kamara a season too late and we definitely dropped the ball on Kent and Alfie. 

Although I think the root cause of our issue is we have no faith in recruitment to replace good players when we do sell, and that goes back to the mindset Gerrard had. And I cant blame him our recruitment has been poor. Last 2 seasons especially. Recruitment under Gerrard was good in comparison.

Could it be that maybe some players joined because Gerrard was such a big name?