The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

In the main, we've been badly run for decades.

We have fairly consistently spent more than we bring in. 

Always trying to make up financial shortfalls.

It comes from the need of the instant fix with no strategy behind it. 

Demanding success doesn't usually work. You need intelligence, a strategy, finance and a degree of patience.

That's fairly obvious. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think you go too far, but that's your prerogative. 

Really? Wow.... I don't think I go far enough. 

No stadium yet to play our home games in. If it is Hampden we have clashes with QP which will mean Friday night or Sunday games (inconvenience for fans).

Wel'll have to play all our crucial CL qualifiers at what is a "neutral' venue (huge income implications).

We can't improve our squad unless we sell our best players (plus Lammers). 

Our wage bill is £2M more than Atalanta who finished 4th in Italy and won a European compition.

We are miles behind (on and off the pitch) our main domestic rivals. 

I really can't see anything to be positive about. Maybe someone can point it out to me? 

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

Aye, but we never f**king learn. We speak about how things are going to change etc. but it never actually happens.

I know, but we can't do much about it. 

That's why I don't see the point in getting worked up about it. 

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

No stadium yet to play our home games in. If it is Hampden we have clashes with QP which will mean Friday night or Sunday games (inconvenience for fans).

Wel'll have to play all our crucial CL qualifiers at what is a "neutral' venue (huge income implications).

Our wage bill is £2M more than Atalanta who finished 4th in Italy and won a European compition.

I really can't see anything to be positive about. Maybe someone can point it out to me? 

Atalanta! That was the team I was struggling to recall! Their revenue is significantly higher (£120m?), but that's the type of smart spending we need. Like I said, I'm hopeful with Koppen. If we can use our capital more efficiently, we'll do well. 

I'm not saying we've not made mistakes or that there are no issues, but you're spinning everything negatively. Fair enough; I'm not going to challenge you on it, as it's an opinion. 

Edit: Actually, Atalanta made a huge loss of £67m! The wage bill is still an interesting comparison. 

41 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It all leads back to the board. 

Delays in stadium redevelopment. 

NEH over budget, late finished and smaller than expected and now under-utilised.

Horrendous recruitment on the footballing side and horrendous decisions allowing Beale complete control of transfers.

Horrific fan engagement and PR.

Huge wage bill (playing side).

Key roles within the club still vacant. 

Terrible and overpriced catering in the stadium.

That's just scratching the surface, and all been talked about previously but with no signs of improvement (In fact, it's getting worse).

As for Clement and Koppen,  a defeat in the 1st OF game will see enormous pressure on them and sure as fate, the board will capitulate and sack Clement. 

I think the next time the fans call for heads to roll it will be for the boards.

53 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Wow. That says it all. We should model ourselves on them. Invest in home-grown youth rather than obscure foreign talent. Just top it up with a few key imports.

If the mood on here is indicative of that of fans generally, then we are 2 bad results away from meltdown.

I understand the frustrations of Girdergate, lack of signings, etc but I was hoping that the hope and anticipation of a new season would be kicking in, optimistic fool that I am. 

I enjoyed the game with Ajax young players eager to play well and impress the manager but it’s clear to see we will need an old hand in the middle to help gel and encourage the new signings a bit of experience in the middle never goes wrong .