The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Compo won't like that, this boy should be doing his talking on the park!. 🤫😉

True they talk a good game but can they play a good game 

39 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Must admit I have no clue what our new line-up will be. Come on Rousseau give one of your predicted first team formations!

I don't really know. 

I'm pretty confident that it will utilise wingers, though. Historically Clement has used 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 (and other back-three variations), which all utilise wingers/inside forwards.

I can see Igamane playing as an inside forward. 

56 minutes ago, compo said:

True they talk a good game but can they play a good game 

They don’t even talk it. It’s written for them.

Off to the summer training camp and we are no way near where we need to be regards transfer business, both in and out.

I guess we need to shift players before we can bring more in. Given that we are somewhat desperate it won't be easy to get decent money for any of them.

Our business will be like a combined visit to Poundstretcher and William Hills. Then a couple of months down the line, the off licence.

Posted (edited)
Heart and Hand: The Journey Ahead

Over the last few years, Rangers fans have got into the habit - or rather, Rangers have made the fans get into the habit - of being relieved that the season is over. After uninspiring performances, painful losses in big matches and many an off-field nonsense, the break has almost come to feel like a burden being lifted. The beckoning summer offers a chance to rebuild, to replenish lost energies and gear up for the next season's battles. This year, though, something feels different - and not in a good way.

Read more:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/journey-ahead-107682306?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

Edited by ian1964

On 06/07/2024 at 20:59, buster. said:

Off to the summer training camp and we are no way near where we need to be regards transfer business, both in and out.

I guess we need to shift players before we can bring more in. Given that we are somewhat desperate it won't be easy to get decent money for any of them.

Our business will be like a combined visit to Poundstretcher and William Hills. Then a couple of months down the line, the off licence.

Yet another demoralising post!

Nice.

I don't think anyone expected shifting a lot of the unwanted players would be easy, so continually moaning about it seems rather pointless.  

Euro '24 has probably delayed things slightly but on a more positive note, Hagi looked decent, so hopefully a few clubs are considered a move for him.  Lammers, Dessers and Scott Wright are also rumoured to be on the move too.

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Yet another demoralising post!

Nice.

You are free to counterbalance it with positive vibes instead of a pointless interjection.

Where is current reality for our club on the positive/negative scale ?