The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Lifted from FF:

AZ ALKMAAR are set to to mount a bid this week to sign Rangers striker Sam Lammers after Utrecht were priced out of the market.

The Dutch striker was a huge success on loan at Utrecht this season after his six month flop spell at Ibrox and broke a goalscoring record when he netted in nine consecutive games for the club.

But they admitted last week there was 'less than a 50 per cent chance' of making the move permanent with the combined transfer fee and player's wages being a stumbling block.

Now reports in the Netherlands have suggested AZ Alkmaar will match Rangers' asking price of around £2.5million for the 27-year-old unwanted striker.

And they are hopeful they can persuade Lammers to join them.

AZ finished in fourth place in the Eredivisie last term and have money to spend after the league's top scorer Vangelis Pavlidis signed for Benfica this week in a £17 million deal.

And Lammers could return to his homeland to move to AZ, who can also offer him guaranteed Europa League group stages football.

The striker recently opened up on his future in Glasgow and said he will sit down with Ibrox chiefs to discuss the plans for him this summer.

Lammers said: "I still have to contact the people at Rangers. That will happen as soon as the season is over.

"If I had spent the last few months focusing on where I will be playing next season, I really wouldn't have scored goals so easily.

"I have had a lot of questions about my future in recent weeks. To be honest, I am not concerned with that at all right now and I want to enjoy this moment.

"I just want to achieve European football for the club. When I came to Utrecht we also said that the goal was to achieve European football, which is now very close."

2 hours ago, lenny3k said:

I would hope we manage to get more than this, but, if somebody told you last January we would manage to sell him for 2.5m, I think the men in white coats may have got a call

It says that Utrecht were priced out of a move. Surely that would suggest it's more than £2.5m?