The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Budinauckas(22) was on loan at Stranraer last season, played lots of games. Jay Hogarth(20) is a good prospect and played the second half of the season at Dumbarton then Mason Munn (18) is also highly rated, turned down Arsenal last year (I believe).

Decent pipeline of keepers in the Academy.

Means nothing as to whether theyd be good enough for Rangers first team. Look at McCrorie - was expected to be a shoe in to be Rangers no1. He’s now 27 and still not made it & probably never will

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Means nothing as to whether theyd be good enough for Rangers first team. Look at McCrorie - was expected to be a shoe in to be Rangers no1. He’s now 27 and still not made it & probably never will

In fairness I think I've seen him have one poor game for us when he's played (Dumbarton?) and whenever he has we've usually kept a clean sheet.

In his situation it was more the case that he wasn't given an extended run in the team. He took his chance by and large in isolated games imo.

Which is endemic to our club and how we manage youth players, throw them in when we're in the midst of an injury crisis or playing Dumbarton in the cup and then freeze them out for the rest of the year.

The way we handle our youth players is a joke.

47 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Thats the spirit.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Budinauckas(22) was on loan at Stranraer last season, played lots of games. Jay Hogarth(20) is a good prospect and played the second half of the season at Dumbarton then Mason Munn (18) is also highly rated, turned down Arsenal last year (I believe).

Decent pipeline of keepers in the Academy.

Jacob Pazikas (19) is going to Stranraer on loan in the coming season. Stranraer's form suggests he'll get plenty of practice. Despite Jacob's exotic name he's a bluenose from Linwood, I worked with his Dad many lifetimes ago. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Jacob Pazikas (19) is going to Stranraer on loan in the coming season. Stranraer's form suggests he'll get plenty of practice. Despite Jacob's exotic name he's a bluenose from Linwood, I worked with his Dad many lifetimes ago. 

Joe?

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Agree with Stevie.

Can't really imagine Norwich letting him go on the cheap. Nor McLean settling for a relatively low wage or/and a short contract.

32 year old with high mileage.

Not where relatively substantial money should go.