The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Daft transfer rumours are not a new thing but they are more widely spread now, thanks to social media.

Injured players can be sold though, it's not totally unheard of.  

Really, I hadn't realised !!

As Rangers supporters we know only too well that injured footballers can be bought.

We ain't sold many and the ones we have managed to shift, seemingly hopeless cases, can make unexpected recoveries, eg. Prodan, Helander.

11 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Didn't take long.....

Roughly translates to:
It goes away in the silly jungle. Lorient FC have decided to activate the option and buy Nathaniel Adjei from Hammarby IF, making their most expensive player sale of all time. The green and whites get 65 million + a bonus package worth 17 million. 

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Really, I hadn't realised !!

As Rangers supporters we know only too well that injured footballers can be bought.

We ain't sold many and the ones we have managed to shift, seemingly hopeless cases, can make unexpected recoveries, eg. Prodan, Helander.

We’ve cornered the market in buying faulty goods 

Being negative all the time is hard work.  I'm putting some faith in Clement and Koppen, whilst not getting hung up about every Tweet.  

Clement has commented on several occasions about our ridiculous injury problems, so I'm sure he'll be doing his best to rectify the situation.

Edited by Gonzo79

The only players that matter are the ones who are here and want to be here. The ones we went after who chose another option don't matter.

I do like the profile of the players we have been linked with though, younger hungry guys with room to grow. Younger players tend to demand lower wages generally so are a more cost efficient option and have less risk around them as they tend to keep value better if you need to move them on if it hasnt worked out.

19 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I do like the profile of the players we have been linked with though, younger hungry guys with room to grow. Younger players tend to demand lower wages generally so are a more cost efficient option and have less risk around them as they tend to keep value better if you need to move them on if it hasnt worked out.

We need to win things too though and not just be a conveyor belt for players to get to the EPL.

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

We need to win things too though and not just be a conveyor belt for players to get to the EPL.

Look at the upside we’re saving a fortune on duraglit

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Never mentioned anything about players moving to the EPL mate, I don't care where they go when they leave us. As long as we make enough cash to buy the next one and they have a pocket full of medals when they leave is good enough for me.

I've said before my opinion on the player trading model isn't trying to win the lottery with a team full of Calvin Bassey's, but bringing in guys like Sakala for very little on modest wages and then moving them on for a small profit a few season later is much more realistic and effective.

My point on the profile is more on the wages side. No matter how good or bad a player Clinton N'siala turns out to be for us he will still be much better value for money than Ben Davies. We just need to shop smarter which is what I think(hope) we are doing.

Celtic are moving on that Korean dud Oh I think he is called for a profit, considering he looks like total dugmeat that's good business. But again look at the profile of the guy, a small transfer fee and modest wages for a young player from South Korea, it doesn't work out and he moves on for a profit.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats