The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Former Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst is pondering a move for Ibrox midfielder Tom Lawrence as he begins to assemble a new squad at Turkish club Besiktas, while Ipswich Town and Sheffield United are also keen on the 30-year-old. (Daily Mail)

Bayern Munich would accept £850,000 for 20-year-old winger Yusuf Kabadayi, who is said to be attracting interest from Rangers, St Pauli and Lecce. (Der Werden via The National)

Rangers-linked Harry Souttar says that, if Enzo Maresca was still in charge, he would be looking to leave Leicester City this summer, but the 25-year-old Aberdeen-born Australia centre-half will now wait to see if he can win more game time under whoever is the new manager. (Glasgow Times)

Both Dowell and Lawrence are luxury players. Great to have in a team, quality no doubt. Yet, more often than not, you don't need a Rolls-Royce on a Highland moor. It's good to throw them on mid-2nd-half when teams are beaten and they can pick passes and destroy the opposition further. I also like Lawrence's will and ability to shoot from outside the box. But we first have to break down teams, and I'm not sure that they are the best choices for this. The physicality of the Scottish game and intensity of an OF fight was clearly not something they were used to and look able to adapt to. That said, I am not sure whether we utilized their abilities to the best outcome, just shoe-horning players into a system that hardly worked for years.

24 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Looks like an aggressive, front-foot centre-back.

That's all of our three signings only 20-years-old.

No messing about from Koppen. 

Aye I'd like a Galdames or Souttar to come in as a senior LCB though.

Pleased to have the bulk of the signings be young but one or two experienced players would be good (doesn't mean old!).