The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Didn't Schalke have another shocking season, fighting relegation into the 3rd tier for much of the year? If he's as good as Tillman I'll be very happy, but his numbers aren't wonderful despite playing for a big club at a low level. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

We're very picky for a team that has ...

*Checks notes*

... Nae defenders.

Mr Data-Stats cannot be serious. 

30 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Didn't Schalke have another shocking season, fighting relegation into the 3rd tier for much of the year? If he's as good as Tillman I'll be very happy, but his numbers aren't wonderful despite playing for a big club at a low level. 

Which numbers specifically caught your eye?

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think there will definitely be an element of rolling the dice against some younger players who are cheap. Purely because we badly need bodies that can play games.

*that can play games regularly 😉

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Which numbers specifically caught your eye?

Specifically 4 goals, no assists and 'too expensive for the 3rd biggest club in Germany'. 

8 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Specifically 4 goals, no assists and 'too expensive for the 3rd biggest club in Germany'. 

Those two numbers don't really tell you much. 

I believe they are in a really bad state financially? 

Orlando Pirates head coach Jose Riveiro says the decision on Relebohile Mofokeng's future will be left up to the 19-year-old midfielder amid links with Rangers. (Radio 2000's Game On)

Penarol president Nacho Ruglio says the Uruguayan club have no need to sell Damian Garcia after the 20-year-old midfielder was linked with a switch to Rangers amid his contract dispute. (Montevideo Portal via Record)

Rangers, St Pauli and Lecce are among the concrete suitors for Bayern Munich left-winger Yusuf Kabadayi after Schalke 04, where the 20-year-old was on loan, decided the the overall package for his return was too expensive. (Florian Plettenberg on X)

Ianis Hagi all but confirms he is leaving Rangers as he sets his representatives the task of finding" the right team and the right manager". (Sun)

From a Schalke-Fan re Yusuf Kabadayi ...

Everything from wild to extremely strong. Certainly a player with pace, but was sometimes too playful for me and often not a factor in games. Improved towards the end of the season. The purchase option of 1 million was not exercised, and the player was dismissed, so definitely no return to S04.

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

From a Schalke-Fan re Yusuf Kabadayi ...

Everything from wild to extremely strong. Certainly a player with pace, but was sometimes too playful for me and often not a factor in games. Improved towards the end of the season. The purchase option of 1 million was not exercised, and the player was dismissed, so definitely no return to S04.

This matches the stats: quick, likes to take on his man, but doesn't contribute much in the buildup with very few passes. 

I quite like the profile. I think that we could teach/coach the buildup stuff.