The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Lewis Travis gets Rangers transfer tour as Blackburn Rovers ace 'spotted' at Auchenhowie (msn.com)

Lewis Travis has reportedly been spotted being given a tour of Rangers training base

The Scottish Sun report that Blackburn Rovers midfielder Travis, who spent the second part of last term on loan at Ipswich Town as they gained EPL promotion, was spotted at Auchenhowie on Friday. The news comes as Philippe Clement refused to comment on transfer rumours. Record Sport exclusively reported than defender Ben Davies is set to join Birmingham City on loan.

Travis was apparently spied being given a VIP tour of the Rangers Training Centre earlier today. He has played and captained Rovers in both of their English Championship outings to date against Derby County and Norwich City while he also climbed off the bench in a thumping win over Stockport in the EFL cup. The 26-year-old still has two years to run on his deal at Ewood Park. It comes as Record Sport told last night that the Championship side are considering a move for Rabbi Matondo.

Speaking to the media early today, Clement remained tight-lipped on any potential ins or outs. He said: "I won't speak on any transfer rumours. The most important thing for every club is to get the right players in, I know everyone at the club is working really hard in these busy weeks.

"I'm focused on the players who are training and working hard to get results for this team. I'm busy with the squad, and working with the staff to improve our squad."

And from the daily record:

Birmingham City are closing in on a deal for Rangers defender Ben Davies.

The big-spending English League One side want to land the experienced defender and Record Sport understands the Blues are looking to take the 29-year-old on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. Birmingham boss Chris Davies is hoping the deal can be finalised in the next 24 hours so he can play at Leyton Orient. Davies knows about the defender from his time down south at Preston and Liverpool.

The move will give Philippe Clement some freedom to add to his own squad before the close of the window. Davies is on a big wage and a move to the Blues would allow Rangers to strengthen again. The Light Blues have already been linked with a bid for Almeria defender Kaiky Fernandes. It has been claimed that Rangers offered around £650,000 for a loan deal with an option to sign him permanent for around £6 million next summer, but that was booted out by Almeria.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

Stats from fbref:

Seems to be more of a workhorse than technician but seems tidy enough on the ball too.

Just for clarification this is compared to players in the next 14 leagues e.g. 14 after the top 5 (I think).

You'll see the metric named, the number/% per 90 and then the percentile. E.g. 50=top 50th percentile. The higher the better. 99 being the top 1% in that pool.

Sorry I couldn't just screenshot it, I'm using my phone.

Passes Attempted48.29

Pass Completion %80.8%

Progressive Passes6.15

Progressive Carries2.15

Successful Take-Ons1.05

Touches (Att Pen)1.05

Progressive Passes Rec3.45

Tackles3.51

Interceptions1.60

Blocks1.48

Clearances1.29

Aerials Won0.92

8 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Did we get a big pot of gold with the last steel shipment?

We just signed Nsiala from Milan four nothing, same age. Why would we spend that sort of loan and transfer money on a no-mark Brazilian DEFENDER?

Lewis Travis ... 26-year old DM. Anyone seen any of him?