The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I see some people are suggesting that St Mrren CEO Jim Gillespie is about to be confirmed as our new CEO. 

Being quoted in Daily Record as a done deal. Runs to check his socials 😉

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Can’t see it manager said we can’t do it already 

LB is a position PC may need to review if Ridvan Yilmaz is going to be constantly injured. We don’t yet know how good jefte will be & Robbie Fraser has very little first team experience for the number of big games coming up

15 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

LB is a position PC may need to review if Ridvan Yilmaz is going to be constantly injured. We don’t yet know how good jefte will be & Robbie Fraser has very little first team experience for the number of big games coming up

I think we lack a solid holding midfielder I reckon Stirling will be the new right back come the end of the the season Tav looks like he has lost any pace he had, I would not be against trying King the holding role but with two weeks to go until the window shuts that is not enough time to trail that so bit of a gamble to not recruit a holding midfielder, I think Fraser and Jefte can do a job at LB until Ridvan is back for a few games, so we need a LW Matondo and Wright just have not got the minerals and Cortes looks decent enough just injured alot the RW looks ok Ross is young and learning cerny looks rusty but like sima is offering numbers up top. And a must is an outstanding CAM who can link attack to defence and press efficiently we need someone special IMO, Dowell Lawrence Hagi and Cantwell all have their own good qualities but we need someone who is decent at everything and someone who has a bit more aggression and reading of the game backing up the press would not go amiss, I am sick of just one or two pressing and the rest either standing there or dropping off, if dessers presses someone who will follow him that would hopefully create a domino effect and leave any doubt of should I shouldn't I. I think at an absolute minimum we need 3 a CDM a LW and a CAM.

Edited by WorthingBear91

Saw a St Mirren fan saying Gillespie will be a big loss.

Their manager sang his praises regularly too.

The more you hear about him and look into his record, the more you see it makes sense imo.

Still, it's a big step up and a mess at the club atm - if he gets us to sustainability, sorts out the trading model and academy and gets our commercials/revenues booming then I'm all for it.

But of course, silverware will help with all that - that means putting a good structure and support network in place for the football management and playing staff. Starting with recruiting and sticking with an Academy Director.

8 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Just a wee snippet - Beale has confirmed in a new interview that we got Cantwell without paying a fee. We paid 800k to buy Raskin.

Well, Transfermarkt says we paid Norwich Euro 1,71m for his services ...

... it was said to be undisclosed, and I harbour my doubts that we paid nothing for a chap with half a year of his contract to run. Here's what a Norwich paper wrote ...

Glasgow Rangers have confirmed the signing of Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell for an undisclosed fee.

Cantwell signs a long-term deal with the Scottish giants having departed Carrow Road with just six months left on his contract.

The Norwich academy product spent the second half of last season on loan with Bournemouth as they were promoted to the Premier League, but he played a small part on the south coast and the Cherries chose not to exercise an £11million option to make the deal permanent.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/23264400.norwich-city-transfer-news-todd-cantwell-signs-rangers/