The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I think we have looked at it at thought why are we spending 50 million a year on wages to come 2nd when we can pay 25 million a year in wages to come 2nd.

Dont think we will do much now before the window shuts except maybe a couple of late loans. Think we will be stuck with Cantwell and Hagi.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

There's a rumour that Hagi gets an increase in wages if he plays another game. 

He is only here for another year, and given the wages we have saved so far what's the big deal in just sucking it up and using him if we cant get rid? (assuming the rise is like 5k a week and not something daft like 20k)

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we have looked at it at thought why are we spending 50 million a year on wages to come 2nd when we can pay 25 million a year in wages to come 2nd.

Dont think we will do much now before the window shuts except maybe a couple of late loans. Think we will be stuck with Cantwell and Hagi.

If we are stuck with Cantwell and Hagi then Hagi and Cantwell are stuck with us. 

I am not quite sure how to parse that, particularly if the Hagi bonus scheme is real.

I think that sticking them in the stand, or with the stiffs, would suit neither the players, nor Rangers. The players have no showcase, and the Club sees their value diminish, for, substantially, that reason. One could argue that the cost of fielding Hagi, and his bonus, might keep his value at a level which would cover, or even outweigh, the cost of said bonus. If so, reintegrate him. 

As for Cantwell, I think it difficult to fathom that mind, and its motivation. The lad has talent, but is tactically indisciplined, and,I suspect, has the attention span of a goldfish. I am not sure that he has sufficient ability to enable him to play the maverick role in the current set up. I am not sure that we even have enough talent in the squad to carry a wangeroo  in the side. (Maybe Gazza, but that's a different class.) I am sure that Clement does not like allowing a free spirit much, if any, licence. It seems like an impasse, unless the wife/gf takes a view, and tells him to grow up. 

We have two assets, which dwindle in value, and that, in any enterprise is not a tenable situation. 

Edited by Uilleam