The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

He's in reserve for RB in case Tav, Sterling, King and Devine don't make it. 

He and McCausland did more tracking back against Union than Cortes and Jefte did together, while Tavernier fell over before Union's "penalty". 

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

He and McCausland did more tracking back against Union than Cortes and Jefte did together, while Tavernier fell over before Union's "penalty". 

I like McCausland I hope our manager and coaches can improve him I like his attitude I like the fact he likes to move forward with the ball there’s definitely a player in there and a good manager can bring it out .

5 minutes ago, compo said:

I like McCausland I hope our manager and coaches can improve him I like his attitude I like the fact he likes to move forward with the ball there’s definitely a player in there and a good manager can bring it out .

Yes. It was quite interesting to see wee Ross walking along that towering black Union striker with no respect or fear whatsoever. IMHO, Barron, Wright, and McCausland are of that "British tenacious ilk" which is needed in the Premiership. People like Stuart McCall or Ian Ferguson. Diomande is similar, but possesses far more skill ... but also looks rather frail. There will be enough games where we will need the technical and fast chaps more than the fighters, and vice versa.

You do wonder whether the arrival of Cerny, alongside Cortes and Wright will hamper the amount of games for McCausland. That said, all can play on either side of attack or AM. We shall see.

31 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Heck, it was a joke........

Anyway, #anyonebartav .....

51 minutes ago, compo said:

And we all know the fans don’t have patience 

They’re going to need to have patience. 
Clement couldn’t believe the salaries some of the first team squad were on when he arrrived & is changing that. 
The days are gone of throwing money around like confetti on bosmans who’d never get that money elsewhere 

28 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Certainly has.

Also when's the last time we bought someone's captain? 

I don't read too much into that alone tbh. I remember well how Julien Rodriguez was talked up as Monaco’s captain. Those kind of comments are what you want to see though.