The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, der Berliner said:

... I cannot see that. We've Cortes, McCausland and Wright in that position. And spent this fortune on but one player?

Cortes plays on the left. 

Wright is surplus to requirements. 

I agree that it's unlikely - and almost irresponsible to spend so much on one player when we have so many positions to fill.  

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree that it's unlikely - and almost irresponsible to spend so much on one player when we have so many positions to fill.  

Agreed.  We'd be mad to spend £7m on one player.  

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Yes but inly one in the penalty area, the other two out wide crossing the ball in to eight defenders plus the ‘keeper. 

4-4-2 equals 4 attackers (2 strikers and 2 wingers) plus at least one midfielder going forward too, plus the fullbacks.

4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 means 3-5 attackers doing the job of 4-6 or 5-7 against - in Scotland these days (more like last decade) - a packed defence. Thus, year in year out, we spent 75 % of the game with the ball being played about in our or the middle third between our centre-halfs and DM/CMs, but hardly any penetration. It's like watching handball or ice hockey, only in slow-motion.

But, but, but the fullbacks go forward too! Essentially filling up the old winger slot! Well, we have/had the god-king of all wingbacks in Tavernier, at least goals/assists-wise. IF ONLY we also had more capable attackers from the "wide-attack areas" who clock up 15+ goals per season too. If not, as we have seen for the best part of a decade now, we are a blunt force. Thus, we need a quantitative and qualitative more potent strike-force where it matters, i.e. in the final third. How shall that look like? E.g. 3-4-3 vs Dundee or Kilmarnock at home ...

Butland

Sterling - Souttar - Balogun

Wright - Diomande - Cantwell/Lawrence - Ridvan

Cortes - Dessers - Matondo

... and let them have fun. Europe or vs the Scum is another matter.

16 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Cortes plays on the left. 

Wright is surplus to requirements. 

Like most of our "wingers", he plays on either side ... Matondo the same, or Wright

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/kadernachposition/verein/124

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

Watching the defence play it up and down the line 3 times to play it back to the keeper is mind numbing.

Yep, agree, but at least City can suddenly blizzard the penalty box with serial attacks left right and centre.

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

I mean, if this is pulled off it would be our best signing in years.

Keeping my powder dry.

That dog don't hunt. 

Cold hard fact is he is not an SPL type of player. 

No way a 23(?) year old guy in the 2nd div, on the up, with offers across Europe would go to the SPL.

The SPL gets three types of guys.  Players who want a shot (lack of playing time, injury), a lower league upstart (Eastern Europe, Americas), or cats on the way down the ladder because of injury or age. 

What the SPL do not get are dudes like Morgan. 

Ask yourself, why do we always seem to pay such a high salary and long contract terms? 

Cause you have to over incentivize dudes to go to Scotland. 

If I were his agent I would Rochambeau his ass if he  even mentioned an SPL club. 

Just bein honest.