The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

If there is any truth at all in this then I know the lunatics have taken over. He's nearly Tav's age and won't offer anything different; for one thing he won't score goals and free kicks.

Well, we actually have Sterling, Devine, and now even Neraysho Kasanwirjo, who can all play at RB. I see no real need to sign one more RB, he'd only be a squad player. And TBH, I'd rather see one more striker arrive right now, even as back-back up.

Edited by der Berliner

7 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Here I am thinking we were past that.

We'll require stop gap signings, from time to time.  Not every player has to fit the trading model.  

Looks like Tav is staying anyway, so the Christie link is irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Quick update on some of the guys that have left.

OUT - Kieran Wright (25) – on loan

OUT - Robby McCrorie (26) - signed for Kilmarnock, already been dropped and lost his place in the team

OUT - Sam Lammers (27)  - sold to Twente plays most weeks and scored a couple of goals.

OUT - Connor Goldson (31) - sold to Aris Limassol 

OUT - Todd Cantwell - sold to Blackburn Rovers

→ Contracts ending Summer 2024

Jon McLaughlin (36) - contract 6/2024 - signed backup at Swansea City

Kemar Roofe (30) - ST - contract 6/2024 - still without a club

Borna Barisic (31) - LB - contract 6/2024 - at Trabzonspor, plays rotated with their Turkish lad.

Ryan Jack (32) – CM - contract 6/2024 - signed for a Turkish 2nd division outfit, on the bench at the weekend.

John Lundstram (30) - CM - contract 6/2024 - signed for Trabzonspor. Played early on but dropped recently. 'Lundstram is a very heavy and cumbersome football player.' - technical director Senol Gunes

Abdallah Sima (22) - RW/ST - contract till 2024 (season long loan) joined Breast, will play in the CL.

Fabio Silva (21) - ST – loan to Las Palmas to play with Oli MCBurnie and Scott McKenna. Not played yet.

Reason for the update - I think this illustrates how these guys we have lost wouldn't add any value (out with Sima) and we shouldn't be concerned with letting highly paid / low performing players go.

Did McCrorie not pick up an injury?