The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On a more general note, it's fairly evident how messed up football is when we're scrapping around for loan deals and players in the £1-2m bracket whilst Bournemouth are spending £40m on a Brazilian Porto player.  

1 hour ago, compo said:

The fans will have to realize the club is skint our biscuit tin is empty we are up the creek without a paddle.

I think most fans do realise and accept this. What we shouldn't accept is how me managed to get into this mess and what the board as doing other than "reducing" the playing staff wage bill to get us out the mess.

The ever constant is the fanbase who are fleeced for season ticket money, 4 new kits every season, most expensive CL packages, very expensive EL packages, bombarded by Castore emails etc. 

The board are to blame for getting us into this situation and they are charged with getting us out of this. I don't believe they are up to the task which should set alarm bells ringing. 

In my opinion the cracks have been showing for a few years, they are getting alarmingly worse and how long until the whole club collapses? 

The wage thing regarding Hagi is a bit strange. We shed a lot of (supposedly) high-earners this summer, with only a few (if any*) arriving ...

IN - Jefte 

IN - Oscar Cortes

IN - Mohamed Diomande

IN - Clinton Nsiala

IN - Connor Barron

IN – Liam Kelly

IN - Hamza Igamane

IN - Vaclav Cerny*

IN - Robin Pröpper*

OUT - Robby McCrorie

OUT - Sam Lammers

OUT - Connor Goldson 

OUT - Jon McLaughlin

OUT - Kemar Roofe 

OUT - Borna Barisic

OUT - Ryan Jack

OUT - John Lundstram

OUT - Abdallah Sima

OUT - Fabio Silva

... and we don't want Hagi's increase till January or next? And thus kept him out even of important CL qualifiers and thus blew millions? 

Same with Cantwell. Yes, he wants to go, but where are we that we pay someone and do not expect him to be a professional still and do his job?  And thus kept him out even of important CL qualifiers and thus blew millions? These are the questions someone needs to put in front of Clement.

Edited by der Berliner

23 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Same with Cantwell. Yes, he wants to go, but where are we that we pay someone and do not expect him to be a professional still and do his job?

Chatter elsewhere is that he didn't behave professionally during the pre season camp and the manager had enough and has bombed him out.

19 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Chatter elsewhere is that he didn't behave professionally during the pre season camp and the manager had enough and has bombed him out.

I think there's a lot of conjecture about various aspects of squad goings on but unless you know the full story, that's all it is - conjecture.

We have to put some trust in Clement. 

15 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think there's a lot of conjecture about various aspects of squad goings on but unless you know the full story, that's all it is - conjecture.

We have to put some trust in Clement. 

True - for what reason the manager has decided not to include Cantwell and that’s all that matters.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

True - for what reason the manager has decided not to include Cantwell and that’s all that matters.

Conversely after Cantwell turned out for the B Team against Queens Park (IIRC) their manager was very complimentary of Cantwell for his professional manner both to rhe game, his teammates and opposition.