The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Calm down, I said some fans will forgive and forget, others won't (rightly or wrongly). Nothing wrong with that. Mirrors what happens in life - somethings you can forgive and forget others you won't.

So if Mike Ashley or Craig White approached Bennett tomorrow and took control of Rangers, you'd be cool about it? 

Don't be ridiculous. That's a rather silly comparison.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

And I wonder why we are light years behind our rivals in the East. Welcome to the Rangers fan base. This myopic obsession with what's happened in the past is why we never move forward. We literally never see the bigger picture.

I don't give a flying f**k what happened 10 years ago. Is he good enough for the job? That's what matters. 

Yeah im sure brendan whatever that marketing guy was good enough for the job too, yet he is no more. Or do we just get to pick and choose how we feel about 10 years ago?

32 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If you can forgive those who did this to us fine, others (rightly or wrongly) will be and are less forgiving. 

Did he do it out of hatred and envy or even devotion to another club or because he was paid? There’s a mighty difference.

I’m assuming he’s got no stupid social media trail like the marketing bloke.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah im sure brendan whatever that marketing guy was good enough for the job too, yet he is no more. Or do we just get to pick and choose how we feel about 10 years ago?

Comparing the possible hiring of one idiotic Yahoo with a questionable online history with a guy who was  part of a wider organisation that made a decision we did not favour is silly. I doubt McKinlay was the judge, jury and executioner back in 2012. 

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Comparing the possible hiring of one idiotic Yahoo with a questionable online history with a guy who was  part of a wider organisation that made a decision we did not favour is silly. I doubt McKinlay was the judge, jury and executioner back in 2012. 

Questionable history? You made the point what happened in the past shouldn't matter if the person is competent in the role. So even you have caveats? 

I cant trust the judgement of someone who doesn't think that the Hibs support were at fault for invading the park and attacking our players that day. Don't care if its the best footballing CEO in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Questionable history? You made the point what happened in the past shouldn't matter if the person is competent in the role. So even you have caveats? 

I cant trust the judgement of someone who doesn't think that the Hibs support were at fault for invading the park and attacking our players that day. Don't care if its the best footballing CEO in the world. 

What was his role in the Cup Final report?

17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Did he do it out of hatred and envy or even devotion to another club or because he was paid? There’s a mighty difference.

I’m assuming he’s got no stupid social media trail like the marketing bloke.

I wouldn't know - maybe it's a question he could be asked if he gets the job.