The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

13 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If the likes of Davies, Matondo, Dowell, Lowry, Hagi, Cantwell, Wright and Igmane were to drop off the face of the earch tomorrow, our squad would be none the weaker.

Shouldn't really be included with the others.  None of us have seen him play yet.  

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

If we are stuck with Cantwell and Hagi then Hagi and Cantwell are stuck with us. 

I am not quite sure how to pars that, particularly if the Hagi bonus scheme is real.

I think that sticking them in the stand, or with the stiffs, would suit neither the players, nor Rangers. The players have no showcase, and the Club sees their value diminish, for, substantially, that reason. One could argue that the cost of fielding Hagi, and his bonus, might keep his value at a level which would cover, or even outweigh, the cost of said bonus. If so, reintegrate him. 

As for Cantwell, I think it difficult to fathom that mind, and its motivation. The lad has talent, but is tactically indisciplined, and,I suspect, has the attention span of a goldfish. I am not sure that he has sufficient ability to enable him to play the maverick role in the current set up. I am not sure that we even have enough talent in the squad to carry a wangeroo  in the side. (Maybe Gazza, but that's a different class.) I am sure that Clement does not like allowing a free spirit much, if any, licence. It seems like an impasse, unless the wife/gf takes a view, and tells him to grow up. 

We have two assets, which dwindle in value, and that, in any enterprise is not a tenable situation. 

Pretty much bang on.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Its even worse when Ridvan, Raskin, Danilo, Cortes and Igamane are out medium to long-term (as far as we are aware), Balogun also injured (hopefully short-term) and Nsaila being a "long-term" project. Then there's the "situations" with Cantwell, Hagi and Lowry. 

Ideally Saturday would be an ideal opportunity to rest a few players and if we do we are looking at ;

Kelly

Devine

Davies

Nsaila

Fraser

Dowell

McKinnon 

Wright

McCausland 

NOBODY

Matondo 

Horrendous. 

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's even worse when Ridvan, Raskin, Danilo, Cortes and Igamane are out medium to long-term

Training with the first team.

Has Ridvan's injury status been made public?  Raskin can't be too far away.  

Edited by Gonzo79

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Training with the first team.

Has Ridvan's injury status been made public?  Raskin can't be too far away.  

He is training with the 1st team but must still be weeks away from being match fit. 

Ridvan will be out for weeks, just look at his injury record. He's never just out for a few days and this is the 2nd time he's been injured kicking the ball. 

Raskin was 4-6 weeks so still a few weeks away - also not be match fit as injured happened pre-season. 

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Has Ridvan's injury status been made public?    

From the paper that should not be quoted ;

Fears are growing that full-back Ridvan Yilmaz is set to be out of action for months after being carried off on a stretcher during a bruising Champions League defeat to Dynamo Kyiv.

Record Sport understands the Turkish international had to postpone a scan on his damaged thigh because of the extent of the swelling. And that has left the Ibrox medical team concerned that the injury could be worse than first feared - with the potential for it to keep him sidelined until some time in the autumn.