The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Big Dado was so much more than a goalscorer though, had a proper football brain, creative, a hardy  bastard and an absolute talisman.

Agree mate, football has lost that appreciation and purely looks at the metrics is what I'm saying.

5 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

But how many did he lay on for others?

Not as good as Kent believe it or not.

35 assists in 196 games in the prem.

Kent got 34 in 130.

Again, McCann the better player but it is interesting.

6 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I don't mind people like Wright in our team, as long as they give 100 %. It is where we are right now and once we can get better, fine. 

Filip Sebo always gave 100%, unfortunately he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

5 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Big Dado was so much more than a goalscorer though, had a proper football brain, creative, a hardy  bastard and an absolute talisman.

He was a leader, a warrior and could also play a bit of football. One of my favourite players, loved watching him play the game. 

14 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

One of my favourite all time Rangers players. Give me a Mark Hateley / Dado / Daniel Cousin / Jelavic for us modern day please.

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

One of my favourite all time Rangers players. Give me a Mark Hateley / Dado / Daniel Cousin / Jelavic for us modern day please.

You've ruined a great post by mentioning Cousin 😀

9 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Filip Sebo always gave 100%, unfortunately he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

... and those 100 % were appreciated. If the 100 % a player has are not "enough", so be it. We are where we are. As with Dessers, the constant bashing of people who give all that they have is not helpful and just adds to the negativity that has become such a feature on the board. One does not need to portray anything as being rosy - and no-one is. But as we can see with Dessers and Wright, this negativity creates a momentum so that everything they do is being put under the microscope. The black and white mist descends and more often than not, with some players they become ever more shyte with every single misplaced pass (no matter the 15 good passes in-between), while others get away with "murder" (my go-to bashing victim Tavernier was caught up field quite a few times yesterday, but Barron and Co. pulled him out). So I am not free of that negativity either.

Anyway, as a Union supporter told me back at the Alte Försterei, there is one rule they have there: never boo or badmouth the team if they give their all. Even if they get hammered. I concur with that.