The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 minutes ago, locked ward said:

They were suing us for £10 million ,we probably gave them £20 million to settle.

Can we do a deal and exchange Hagi and Cantwell?

6 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Ricksen was shite at right back, Papac while a bit of a folk hero wasn't any better than Munro or Davie Rob, so that comparison was nonsense.

Neil McCann is a player I'd have had in my team before Miko or Kanchelskis every time, he was one of the last proper wingers we had. To compare him to Wright is embarrassing.

Laudrup and Gary Stevens were a league above, but your other assertions are drivel mate. 

As for being realistic about our situation, yes I'm well aware of our situation, but it doesn't stop me from being disappointed, I'm sure many other fans feel the same, while being well aware of our current status.

I see. Thing is, "wasn't any better" still managed to win us NIAR and all. I'd rather have a bit of that "quality" these days - alongside stellar players like Laudrup or Stevens. Thing is too ... people are so much down from years past that they seemingly think we are just above dung-heap level, no matter the player. Hence, these chaps get FLAK like there is no tomorrow. It is quite obvious that people see this somewhat different, yet, I, for one stop a country mile or two short of calling such an opinion drivel. I don't mind people like Wright in our team, as long as they give 100 %. It is where we are right now and once we can get better, fine. 

29 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I'd rather have a bit of that "quality" these days

Munro was a better defender than any of the current team except Balogun. Balogun unfortunately struggles to play two games in a week. Munro would have played the next day if asked. 

Unfortunately Rangers couldn’t afford Davie Robertson now.

We can’t help moaning, though. ‘Twas ever thus. I wish we could confine it to conversation and cheer the team that’s on the park.

Not to be THAT guy but McCanns goal contributions were fairly negligible compared to today's game.

Better than Wright's mind but still, he very much was of his era.

Sacrilege saying this but Cooper was similar, undoubted brilliance but when it comes to the numbers it's surprising how little he contributed.

Zidane is another in that regard - was a no 10 for Juve and Madrid yet cracked 10 league goals once in his career for Bourdeaux.

Different times.

It's the lads in the 60's and 70's I'm always blown away by like Brand and Greig. More goals back then could be the reason. Jardine another one.

Feel free to throw this out.

Edited by yuddie

13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Wasn’t this elite stuff James Blair ?

He's just a lawyer, not a decision maker. I'm not saying he didn't do a poor job but it was presumably King who decided to use him. 

43 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Not to be THAT guy but McCanns goal contributions were fairly negligible compared to today's game.

Better than Wright's mind but still, he very much was of his era.

Sacrilege saying this but Cooper was similar,

Comparing Wright with McCann is nuts.  Comparing him with Cooper could see you sectioned. 

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Comparing Wright with McCann is nuts.  Comparing him with Cooper could see you sectioned. 

Of course, but the point is fans were a lot more forgiving in terms of the end product back in the 80's and 90's outwith the no 9. Especially as McCann was an out and out winger.

Saying that everyone including myself would have Prso upfront for us now but he was about 1 in 4 for Rangers. The fans would chase him out if he came into this team and had that strike rate.

4 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Of course, but the point is fans were a lot more forgiving in terms of the end product back in the 80's and 90's outwith the no 9. Especially as McCann was an out and out winger.

Saying that everyone including myself would have Prso upfront for us now but he was about 1 in 4 for Rangers. The fans would chase him out if he came into this team and had that strike rate.

Big Dado was so much more than a goalscorer though, had a proper football brain, creative, a hardy  bastard and an absolute talisman.