The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

So disappointing to start the season with Wright and Davies in the starting line up.

It ain't Christmas. We bought Cortes as a right winger and he lasted minutes, playing on the left. Last season, this season. I thought we bought Matondo a as right winger too, as he has played equally on either side (and usually goes centra to use his right foot), and play him on the left. Both look far more project players than McCausland, for if you put Ross on, you see commitment, bite and drive ... at his current quality level. With the other two, it seems to ebb and flow. Like McCausland, you know what you get with Wright.

Somehow, you get the notion that people still can't realize the situation we are still in. While it is all fine and well to do some finger-pointing or blame someone of the board et al, the reality remains. We can wish for people of higher quality, yet, if those we have give all they have, we should still be sober enough to recognize this. Far too many seek the easier route and indulge in this "not good enough" singing. 

Much like Stuart Munro or Davie Robertson were no Stevens, Ricksen, Papac or - dare I say it - Tavernier, they gave the 100 % they had. Wright is no Kanchelskis, Mikhailichenko, or Laudrup, but closer to McCann, who also ran himself into the ground for the Gersey. Every now and then, people should come down to the more normal levels and give credit where it is due.

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Much like Stuart Munro or Davie Robertson were no Stevens, Ricksen, Papac or - dare I say it - Tavernier, they gave the 100 % they had. Wright is no Kanchelskis, Mikhailichenko, or Laudrup, but closer to McCann, who also ran himself into the ground for the Gersey. Every now and then, people should come down to the more normal levels and give credit where it is due.

You really need to do your homework properly, this is just nonsensical.

3 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Agreed, there's some revisionism in there eh.

That's putting it mildly.  It's utter balderdash.  

Just hangs big sign above the front door SALE EVERYTHING MUST GO that always brings in the moochers looking for bargains as former Dessers he’s a deceiving type of player he’s actually slower than he looks and lazy to boot

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Much like Stuart Munro or Davie Robertson were no Stevens, Ricksen, Papac or - dare I say it - Tavernier, they gave the 100 % they had

Robertson was a much better player than the other defenders you mention except Stevens. Munro was s good honest tradesman. Souness rated him for that quality. I wish he were playing now. Papac similar, a bit classier. Stevens was outstanding. Ricksen was generally poor at defending.

Wright is closer to McCann than to the others in the same way as the Earth is closer to the Sun than is the planet Neptune.

I agree entirely about McCausland and your general premise about realism is correct.