The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 minute ago, yuddie said:

And if that happens again from now through to October then it's pretty clear that the culture at the club is poisonous.

I'm hopeful that it won't and giving the manager a new deal is a good thing imo.

I think a big step was moving on a lot of those players that appeared to be the cause of that poor culture. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Agreed.

And - as I posted elsewhere - on the flip side, it suggests someone like Beale wasn't aligned in that way, and that he was sacked not necessarily because of results. I may be wrong with that, but that's how it sounded to me. 

Yeah, Beale was a weird appointment from the start, but his results weren't the worst and with retrospect, some of the players he signed have turned out to be decent (one in particular who turned out to be decent but not in a Rangers Jersey 😀).

The main issue was Beale was "entrusted" with two or three roles and oversaw then entire recruitment. I'd suggest that was too much for one person, especially a coach. 

I do often wonder how Gio would have turned out if he'd been given time. Getting to EL Final was an incredible achievement which can't be played / talked down. In my opinion we were a fit Roofe / Alfie away from winning it. 

However, 1 SPFL title out of the last 13(?) is horrific, we can't allow that to happen again.

The visious circle(s) have to end and I don't know how we end them.

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Agreed.

And - as I posted elsewhere - on the flip side, it suggests someone like Beale wasn't aligned in that way, and that he was sacked not necessarily because of results. I may be wrong with that, but that's how it sounded to me. 

Beale got sacked after Rangers lost 3 out of the first 7 league games at the start of last season albeit with some questionable refereeing in the Aberdeen & Celtic games at ibrox

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Beale got sacked after Rangers lost 3 out of the first 7 league games at the start of last season albeit with some questionable refereeing in the Aberdeen & Celtic games at ibrox

I'm not disputing that. 

I'm merely suggesting it wasn't the only reason. 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

If he can’t get a club he should go get a sushburger guys an embarrassment 

He's under contract and still useful. 

I would, of course, rather sell him. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's under contract and still useful. 

I would, of course, rather sell him. 

Is he? As a rule if a player doesn’t want to be here then we can’t guarantee they will give 100% then they shouldn’t be involved.

He also needs to maybe get a new agent if he has some amateur sending out dms on instagram. Woeful stuff. Got to question the lack of intelligence there.