The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Finally, a slice of good news. 

Clement's extension of contract shows the Board in a better light. Stability, continuity and, ongoing confidence. Remember, it took Gerrard three seasons of building to put together a league championship winning team.

I believe if we give this Gaffer time, he will deliver.

Patience!

Echoed mate.

57 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Certainly has.

Also when's the last time we bought someone's captain? 

Jon Daly was Dundee Utd's when we bought him. 

With the younger talent we've brought in and will bring in this team and squad probably won't peak for another couple of seasons anyway.

The extension makes sense.

Hopefully now we can sort out the CEO and Academy Director roles with proven pedigree and give him a proper support and structure.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Omnishambles. We were never told this was happening. Fans ignored as usual.

Aye; only to be expected, of course. 

But here's the rub: Philippe Clement, has, at a stroke, become much more expensive to sack.

Permashambles. 

Clements contract extension comes right of the back of Bennent saying they are completely aligned. I do wonder if we've had interest in our manager over the close season so tying him down for a longer period makes sense.

As for sacking him, don't think that's going to happen any time soon given Bennets comments.

The last time we totally backed a manager (with time) was Gerrard and that worked despite growing murmurs from the fan-base. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Clements contract extension comes right of the back of Bennent saying they are completely aligned. I do wonder if we've had interest in our manager over the close season so tying him down for a longer period makes sense.

As for sacking him, don't think that's going to happen any time soon given Bennets comments.

The last time we totally backed a manager (with time) was Gerrard and that worked despite growing murmurs from the fan-base. 

Agreed.

And - as I posted elsewhere - on the flip side, it suggests someone like Beale wasn't aligned in that way, and that he was sacked not necessarily because of results. I may be wrong with that, but that's how it sounded to me. 

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Agreed.

And - as I posted elsewhere - on the flip side, it suggests someone like Beale wasn't aligned in that way, and that he was sacked not necessarily because of results. I may be wrong with that, but that's how it sounded to me. 

Most definitely the reason.

7 minutes ago, onevision said:

Most definitely the reason.

Results?

Possibly. They weren't actually that bad. The performances were awful, though. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

Results?

Possibly. They weren't actually that bad. The performances were awful, though. 

And if that happens again from now through to October then it's pretty clear that the culture at the club is poisonous.

I'm hopeful that it won't and giving the manager a new deal is a good thing imo.