The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

No, he doesn't.

As far as players go, they tend put in the hard work prior to the signing of a contract extension. 

The main problem was the club being daft enough to give him such a long extension on a huge salary.

Sorry buster.

The implicit point was that failure to match the contract leads to disapproval from supporters and the management.

I hope that helps you along on your way.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Sorry buster.

The implicit point was that failure to match the contract leads to disapproval from supporters and the management.

I hope that helps you along on your way.

"The problem is that if he accepts a big contract then he has to match it on the pitch."

_------------_

No, what you say is incidental and in this case, relates to predictable consequences.

The problem was that the club gave him such a ludicrous  contract.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

"The problem is that if he accepts a big contract then he has to match it on the pitch."

_------------_

No, what you say is incidental and in this case, relates to predictable consequences.

The problem was that the club gave him such a ludicrous  contract.

Go Away GIF by Bounce

Best of luck to him.

Was a warrior for a good few years until Seville/Liverpool.

Being 'hard' in football isn't just going in with intent, it's just as tough to knock out 50+ games a season (full 90's btw) on dire pitches and just as dire protection from the refs as it is to leave one on your opponent regularly.

Stayed a wee bit too long but was a true Ranger for a good while, hopefully he gets remembered for his attitude and desire to play in the shirt more than anything else.

10 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Our problem is getting a replacement as we definitely don't have anyone as good as him in the current squad.

We’re also low in numbers at CB now. Just 36 year old Balogun, the often injured Souttar & Davies. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We’re also low in numbers at CB now. Just 36 year old Balogun, the often injured Souttar & Davies. 

And King and Nsaila or whatever he's called. But I agree we need more quality there as none of these (clearly I know nothing of the newbie so exclude him) are good enough to be first picks. I think of Souttar, Balogun and Davies as rotational players or backup, they are not of sufficient quality or reliability to build your base from. 

In fact I can think of only Helander as a proper first team defender from all we have had since SG arrived, and he was of course made of chocolate so failed the reliability test. Am I missing anyone? Our list of CH in the last 7 years must be remarkably poor and is probably the biggest factor in us winning 3 out of the last 21 domestic trophies.

11 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

And King and Nsaila or whatever he's called. But I agree we need more quality there as none of these (clearly I know nothing of the newbie so exclude him) are good enough to be first picks. I think of Souttar, Balogun and Davies as rotational players or backup, they are not of sufficient quality or reliability to build your base from. 

In fact I can think of only Helander as a proper first team defender from all we have had since SG arrived, and he was of course made of chocolate so failed the reliability test. Am I missing anyone? Our list of CH in the last 7 years must be remarkably poor and is probably the biggest factor in us winning 3 out of the last 21 domestic trophies.

I don’t think King is considered a CB any more.