The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We are now horrendously short in MF. Lundstrum and Jack have gone, Cantwell wants away & Raskin is injured. We’ve only got the uninspiring Diomande & wee Barron plus youngsters although maybe sterling will play in MF if tav stays.

And with Goldson gone for CB we’ve only got 36 year old Balogun, Souttar and Davies. 
Lot of work still to do…

Cantwell doesn't play in that position; he's a #10. 

In Centre-mid we have: Diomande, Raskin, Barron, Dowell, Rice and Mckinnon, with Sterling filling in. I think that's fine. We are linked with Jordan who would be a decent addition. 

CB and #10 is more of a priority, for me. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

In Centre-mid we have: Diomande, Raskin, Barron, Dowell, Rice and Mackinon, with Sterling filling in. I think that's fine. We are linked with Jordan who would be a decent addition. 

A LCB and a two way player who can play 10 and 9 would make sense.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

In Centre-mid we have: Diomande, Raskin, Barron, Dowell, Rice and Mckinnon, with Sterling filling in. I think that's fine. We are linked with Jordan who would be a decent addition. 

I don’t think Rice and MacKinnon can be classed as first team players. They’ve a handful of games between them at best. All things considered that’s a very poor MF group of players at present 

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t think Rice and MacKinnon can be classed as first team players. They’ve a handful of games between them at best. All things considered that’s a very poor MF group of players at present 

Rice should be pushing, IMO. 

I didn't say it was brilliant, just that there is cover and that other positions are more of a priority, for me. 

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Diomande, Raskin, Barron, Dowell, Rice and Mckinnon

Diomande - could be ok, jury out.

Raskin - I thought he’d be a good signing. I may be wrong. Injuries prevent him from getting a settled run of games.

Barron - still novice.

Dowell - oh dear.

Rice - promising eighteen months ago. No progress. Lowry Mk 2.

McKinnon - is he promising yet?

So really Diomande, Raskin and Barron.

3 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Raskin - I thought he’d be a good signing. I may be wrong. Injuries prevent him from getting a settled run of games.

Barron - still novice.

Dowell - oh dear.

Scary if that’s the MF squad

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Rice should be pushing, IMO. 

I didn't say it was brilliant, just that there is cover and that other positions are more of a priority, for me. 

If we go with the MF squad we’ve got at present we’ll get destroyed. We must get better bodies in

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

If we go with the MF squad we’ve got at present we’ll get destroyed. We must get better bodies in

23 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Barron - still novice.

Dowell - oh dear.

Aherm:

"I didn't say it was brilliant, just that there is cover and that other positions are more of a priority, for me."

We're skint. 

CB is worse than CM. 

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Aherm:

"I didn't say it was brilliant, just that there is cover and that other positions are more of a priority, for me."

We're skint. 

CB is worse than CM. 

Koppens got a set on him taking up being our HOR, fair play to him.

Edited by yuddie

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Tbf Jack and Raskin weren't exactly regulars last season, and Lundstram was posted missing too often. I'm up for a re-rig in the engine room, it's high time.