The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Not a passer or goalscorer, but likes to dribble (successfully) and assist, looks combative, likes to get stuck into the defensive side. 

Screenshot_20240725_173449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77bdaa9a857d9b9f8382e4beaef086f3.jpg

I'm also lead to believe he collects cards. Red and yellow. Any truth in that? Often it goes hand in hand with the word "combative". #RoyKeaneLoyal.

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I'm also lead to believe he collects cards. Red and yellow. Any truth in that? Often it goes hand in hand with the word "combative". #RoyKeaneLoyal.

5 yellows in 5 starts last season. (15 appearances in total.)

10 yellows in 38 appearances for Birmingham the year before. 

There's not been a red card in at least the last 4 years, as far as I can see. 

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

5 yellows in 5 starts last season. (15 appearances in total.)

10 yellows in 38 appearances for Birmingham the year before. 

There's not been a red card in at least the last 4 years, as far as I can see. 

No red cards? Collum will soon be instructing his corrupt referees Clancy, Robertson & Walsh to sort that. 

When hearing the name 'Hannibal' it's interesting to see whose first thought is elephants and Alps and who thinks of cannibalism and Jodie Foster. A true cultural divide! 

Recent loanees have done ok, Tillman and Sima were successes I'd say. There's some incentive for this lad with his contract nearly up and it being unlikely he's going to make it at Man Utd. I saw him against us on Saturday. He caught the eye however I'm not sure if that's because of his unusual name and impressive hair or because of his ability. We need some bodies in, this doesn't seem like the worst business we could do. 

39 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

When hearing the name 'Hannibal' it's interesting to see whose first thought is elephants and Alps and who thinks of cannibalism and Jodie Foster. A true cultural divide

And here's a cultural touchstone for older Western loving supporters:

'Alias Smith and Jones'.

This was a western TV series, which ran way, way, back, in which the main characters were Hayes, and Curry - Kid Curry, and, yes, you've got it, Hannibal Hayes.

(I once researched the Western genre, on film and TV. It all changed with 'Shane'.)

Some information for the day ahead (which I hope will be an interesting one):

- Cifuentes will be changing his loan club to Aris Thessaloniki for this season with a mandatory purchase option

- Goldson has been videoed heading to Amsterdam with luggage suggesting a move (perhaps Aris Limassol but could be a Saudi club) has been agreed

- Cerny hopefully passed his medical in Manchester so may be announced later

- Jordan from Seville could be getting closer as well

- Harry Souttar is being allowed to leave on loan for this season

Just now, Frankie said:

Some information for the day ahead (which I hope will be an interesting one):

- Cifuentes will be changing his loan club to Aris for this season with a mandatory purchase option

- Goldson has been videoed heading to Amsterdam with luggage suggesting a move (perhaps also Aris but could be a Saudi club) has been agreed

- Cerny hopefully passed his medical in Manchester so may be announced later

- Harry Souttar is being allowed to leave on loan for this season

Do you know if the reported 5M Euros for Cifu is close to the truth? If so, we'll done Kloppen! 

38 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

And here's a cultural touchstone for older Western loving supporters:

'Alias Smith and Jones'.

This was a western TV series, which ran way, way, back, in which the main characters were Hayes, and Curry - Kid Curry, and, yes, you've got it, Hannibal Hayes.

(I once researched the Western genre, on film and TV. It all changed with 'Shane'.)

I have AS and J on a box set DVD. Loved it. "I'm a Bannerman man I am!"

33 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Do you know if the reported 5M Euros for Cifu is close to the truth? If so, we'll done Kloppen! 

Only if the Aris CEO was on the skag during the sales call...

If we recoup what we paid which IIRC was around £1m, then we should be happy.