The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It sounds from the outside like there is a few guys wanting to go. It’s up to the manager now to bring in his own guys and put his same demanding mentality into them. 

As has been said earlier in the thread we wanted most of these guys gone and looks like we will get it. I for one thing it’s the plaster that needed ripped off and will benefit us long term.

Things do look off at the moment but it may just take time for a few new leaders on the park and at the training centre to emerge.

I like the approach to recruitment so far so even if it takes a few windows I think we can build a better team the other side of this with Clement at the helm. 

PS have Belgium appointed a new manager yet? :ninja:

8 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Cantwell has some degree of footballing talent but isn’t able to deploy it consistently or for that matter, effectively.

Not at all sorry to see him go. (Nothing to do with his daft beard and stupid haircut, honest)

Turning up for 5 or 6 games a season isn't good enough. Disappearing in pivotal games that shape the destiny of our season is definitely not good enough. Saying that, Cantwell is not on his own in that category. That's why we need a clear out after all. 

46 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

It sounds from the outside like there is a few guys wanting to go. It’s up to the manager now to bring in his own guys and put his same demanding mentality into them. 

As has been said earlier in the thread we wanted most of these guys gone and looks like we will get it. I for one thing it’s the plaster that needed ripped off and will benefit us long term.

Things do look off at the moment but it may just take time for a few new leaders on the park and at the training centre to emerge.

I like the approach to recruitment so far so even if it takes a few windows I think we can build a better team the other side of this with Clement at the helm. 

PS have Belgium appointed a new manager yet? :ninja:

Great post mate, apart from the last line 😋

No surprise to see Cantwell the next player to be moved on.

In May many fans wanted big changes to the squad and the leadership group removed. That is happening (albeit too slowly) and, as per PLG in many ways, it's very much a case of the manager leading the way. Can he deliver and take the players (new and old) with him?

FWIW, Cantwell is talented but less so the application. Social media use is his business but when he loses focus because of it and fails to accompany his big claims with big performances then fans will always lose patience. It's a negative pattern for him to change now.

I think Cantwell is just another one to add to the long line of players that had no idea of the pressure, requirements and expectation that is the reality of being a Ranger. A talented player, of that there is no question, but the win-every-game scenario that is our reality is beyond the grasp of many players until they actually live it.

So as it stands our team for Tynecastle will look like this :

Butland 

Tav / Sterling 

Balogun

Souttar

Ridvan / Jefte

Dio

Barron 

Wright / Lawrence(?)

MaCausland

Dessers

Cortes

very few options to change that 11 or bring on from the bench. 

Just have to hope and pray any players signed before Tynecastle have had a good pre-season, are fit and ready to hit the ground running.