The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Does Keith Jackson talk in his sleep? 

Nope, nothing to do with Jackson, it was a "Scottish Football" site or something similar. 

Anyway, it appears both Tav and Goldson back at training today. Moves hit the buffers? Only time will tell (it's 5 days since the Tav story broke and we were told the deal was very close)....

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Another "report" I read this morning saying the fee for Goldson is £1M and he's taken a huge pay-cut.

I'd rather believe "my" report.

Or, indeed, any one which increases the 3M GPB fee

I doubt, if he is Saudi bound, he will be taking a pay cut, although the tax regime in the Kingdom would influence, heavily, the bottom line.  

1 minute ago, Uilleam said:

I'd rather believe "my" report.

Or, indeed, any one which increases the 3M GPB fee

I doubt, if he is Saudi bound, he will be taking a pay cut, although the tax regime in the Kingdom would influence, heavily, the bottom line.  

I hope we get £3M for him, but at this time we don't know his final destination. If it is Cyprus its more likely "my story" is correct, if its Saudi then "your story" will be correct.

Currently, Mr Goldson is back training with Rangers this morning so final destination is still very unclear.

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I hope we get £3M for him, but at this time we don't know his final destination. If it is Cyprus its more likely "my story" is correct, if its Saudi then "your story" will be correct.

Currently, Mr Goldson is back training with Rangers this morning so final destination is still very unclear.

Of course he is is back training, as he is contractually obliged to do. He can't just swan around until the Riyals, or the Euros, clear. 

If the deal with whomever, for whatever, falls through, he might have to play for us......

ROUTE 1 ALERT @Rousseau!!!

Latest rumour, from WhatsApp, so its veracity may be warranted,  is that Rangers are interested in Wout Weghorst:
The  6ft 6 centre forward who always came on as a sub for Holland, when they were desperate.

He was at Man Utd for a spell, although, did nothing of note, i I r c.

Apparently in the last year of his Burnley contract and not on massive EPL wages.

Long Ball is the new Tiki-Taka. (And you heard that here, first.)

33 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

ROUTE 1 ALERT @Rousseau!!!

Latest rumour, from WhatsApp, so its veracity may be warranted,  is that Rangers are interested in Wout Weghorst:
The  6ft 6 centre forward who always came on as a sub for Holland, when they were desperate.

He was at Man Utd for a spell, although, did nothing of note, i I r c.

Apparently in the last year of his Burnley contract and not on massive EPL wages.

Long Ball is the new Tiki-Taka. (And you heard that here, first.)

He is a good target-man, but he's also a very good presser. He'll score goals, too. 

I'd be quite happy with Weghorst. 

The wages would need to be reasonable, though. 

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He is a good target-man, but he's also a very good presser. He'll score goals, too. 

I'd be quite happy with Weghorst. 

The wages would need to be reasonable, though. 

It is the impact a quintessential Big Lad Up Front will have on the style of play that concerns.