The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

It is being claimed that Hagi and Fiorentina have agreed terms on a contract for the 25-year-old, but the report on Sport pe Surse admits that it is unsure if the Italians would meet the player's valuation, believed to be in the region of £3million. Hagi still has two years on his contract at Ibrox. (Scotsman)

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

The decision to prioritize youth over experience hinges on the club's long-term goals, finances, and the manager's assessment of the squad. Is this a new era of youth over experience? Whether Sterling can solidify his position at right back and Jefte can take over from Barasic remains to be seen, but Jefte's attacking ability is undeniable. While TAV brings experience and attacking prowess, the club might be aiming for long-term stability by investing in younger players. This strategy requires patience from us the fans as the youngsters develop, like young Barron and Diomande in central midfield. The financial situation also plays a key role. Hopefully, the club can address this issue soon. Selling players like TAV, Goldson, and Hagi could mark the beginning of a new chapter for the club. Should we the fans continue to support the manager's vision/ Story ? He has been transparent with us so far, or at least that's the impression I get.

For the past few decades, our M.O. for trying to fight fires have been moonbeams floated or signing a well known name, who was probably past it or had dodgy knees. 

No strategy, just spending money that we often couldn't afford.

We either, as a club, announce and support a strategy that Clement will be given time to implement...... or it will be more of the same.

It needs leadership, cojones and communication (and patience).

We have heard what Clement said. Now Bennett needs to clearly support it and show that, going forward, everyone is on the same page. 

Edited by buster.

I understand the need to apportion blame but we're in the here and now.  A lot has changed (with Rangers and with football, in general) in the past 10-15 years.  David Murray isn't relevant to how we get things right now.  

Clement and Koppen have to sort the squad out, as quickly as possible (doesn't look likely to happen in this window and the support have to accept this).  

2 hours ago, Fa1833 said:

This strategy requires patience from us the fans as the youngsters develop

image.png.9b3265451b0876735e76d28124d009dc.png+

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

The suggestions are that Goldson is meeting representatives in Cyprus, but not necessarily of a Cypriot club. 

Sounds cloak and dagger. 

Iran? DPRK?

hmmm.

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Hey, whoever is payin is cool with me. 

It could be a Martian delegation for all I care. 

Exactly. If the moves are in the best interests of Rangers I don't care, nor does it matter if they move to Turkey, Cyprus, Saudi, England, Spain, or Dunipace Juniors. 

1 hour ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I think inflated wages is probably one of the only reasons some players will come here, The beggars pay silly money too they're paying Bernardo 'Tav' money, and he's not even a decent player.

Buying players from England and Italy you will need to pay them big wages as they are paid well. Bernardo will need to be paid well to leave Portugal and come to this back water.

The answer to the spiraling wage bill problem is simple. Recruit from lower markets and when current players want big deals move them on.