The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Absolutely, gimme those stats over Tavs anyday*

Before anyone starts, yes I'm a fan of Tav, he's been a phenomenal buy, a great servant, right through from the championship to very nearly giving us a European trophy. 👏🏻

Gary Stevens is the best right back I've see play for Rangers (Sandy Jardine was coming to the end of his career when I started watching Rangers on a regular basis). 

However, to believe we could attract a player of his quality now, we are deluding ourselves. Pity tho...!! 

18 minutes ago, CammyF said:

However, to believe we could attract a player of his quality now, we are deluding ourselves. Pity tho...!! 

I doubt anyone thinks that.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Suggestions Goldson is in Cyprus tonight to discuss a move elsewhere (either to Aris or perhaps further afield)...

Don’t tease @Frankie that alone would give me belief for the season. Sounds too good to be true though.

56 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The fact that 3 of our best players have moved to a Turkish also ran jobber outfit and another one is in Cyprus speaks volumes about the quality of our squad.

The suggestions are that Goldson is meeting representatives in Cyprus, but not necessarily of a Cypriot club. 

The decision to prioritize youth over experience hinges on the club's long-term goals, finances, and the manager's assessment of the squad. Is this a new era of youth over experience? Whether Sterling can solidify his position at right back and Jefte can take over from Barasic remains to be seen, but Jefte's attacking ability is undeniable. While TAV brings experience and attacking prowess, the club might be aiming for long-term stability by investing in younger players. This strategy requires patience from us the fans as the youngsters develop, like young Barron and Diomande in central midfield. The financial situation also plays a key role. Hopefully, the club can address this issue soon. Selling players like TAV, Goldson, and Hagi could mark the beginning of a new chapter for the club. Should we the fans continue to support the manager's vision/ Story ? He has been transparent with us so far, or at least that's the impression I get.

Edited by Fa1833