The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, Rousseau said:

You chose 'starter' over 'project'. The latter implies youth. 

I suggested both in one. 

We need starters rather than projects at the moment. Over the course of the window, we'll need a share of both. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

So if he makes up Tavs output, we are no better than last season? Surely we need to better Tavs output? 

I thought we were discussing covering Tavernier's loss. 

In any case, I would expect Cortes to better Tavernier's output. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

I thought we were discussing covering Tavernier's loss. 

In any case, I would expect Cortes to better Tavernier's output. 

I hope he does, but we are still short of goalscorers, we only have Dessers. Do you expect Cortes to equal or better Simas stats from last season? 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

We need starters rather than projects at the moment. Over the course of the window, we'll need a share of both. 

Yes, we definitely do, but my point is I'd rather we signed players that were both. We should not be wasting any money. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So if he makes up Tavs output, we are no better than last season? Surely we need to better Tavs output? 

We essentially need to convert chances created into goals scored. No matter who does it on the park. I expect some decent return in terms of goals and assists by Danilo, Cortes, Lawrence, Jefte, and Ridvan this season.

Our "goals conceded per chances created by the opposition" ration must have been one of the worst in the league, too. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I hope he does, but we are still short of goalscorers, we only have Dessers. Do you expect Cortes to equal or better Simas stats from last season? 

I think Cortes will score fewer goals, but assist much more than Sima. 

We need g+a from our whole front three and #10 to increase next season. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, we definitely, but my point is I'd rather we signed players that were both. We should not be wasting any money. 

But in the market we are dealing in, we're going to get some wrong. Not all projects will become starters. Or starters be "value for money" 

If only we could find a right back for £200,000 pounds that would go on to be our highest ever goalscoring defender, then sell him at 33 for £4M 😏

As long as we get a high percentage right then we'll be fine. 

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Our "goals conceded per chances created by the opposition" ration must have been one of the worst in the league, too. 

We conceded 32 goals from an xGA of 30.

(They conceded 30 from an xGA of 33.)

Quite a difference. 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Cortes will score fewer goals, but assist much more than Sima. 

We need g+a from our whole front three and #10 to increase next season. 

Agreed - also from midfield and we need to score more from set-pieces. 

My argument is that outwith Dessers we don't have a player currently who looks like they'll score 20+ goals (or 30+ if they take pens and have a conversion rate similar to Tav). 

Sima and / or Tav would give you 40 goals between them.