The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Do you agree that the current squad is way short of what is required? 

The transfer window is still open.  Far too early to judge.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

The transfer window is still open.  Far too early to judge.

Thats why I said "current". 

We start our league campaign in 2 weeks time and CL qualifiers soon after. 

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Tav will bring in £3-£4M and free up wages. That doesn't buy you much in today's market, especially if you are looking to buy proven goalscorers. 

We need to shift a few more from the squad - Goldson, Lammers (2 clubs have met our evaluation but can't agree personal terms), Davies, Matondo, Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell, Yilmaz, Hagi et al.

Unrealistic that we'll move them all on, but to get a squad capable of winning the league and getting to CL we will need to generate money somehow. 

Do you agree that the current squad is way short of what is required? 

Oh aye, we're probably 3/4 first team signings short of being competitive for the league in the SPL *currently *, imo.

UCL is what it is tbh, I don't fear any of the teams we can draw because of our recent record in Europe - and most of those teams are regulars in the Europa.

Tav will have to leave eventually, it could be a blessing or a curse depending on the recruitment and the management of the team. Getting a fee for him would be brilliant business by the club.

Case in point being Jordan Henderson and his move to Saudi - that should be how we approach and come out of this.

Edited by yuddie

1 minute ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Christ, I used to think Bill was carnaptuous Cammy, but you're definitely stepping up to the plate in his absence!. 😬😅

Well thank you (I think).....😀

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think we'll get two players from Tavernier's fee and wages. 

I'd be delighted if we did especially if they were "starters" rather than "projects". 

I think a full season from Cortes will cover the loss of Tavernier's output. 

Tavernier scored 5 non-penalty goals in 38 league games last season (0.13 p90) . Cortes scored 1 in 6 (0.16 p90). You'd expect him to better that, though. 

Tavernier's assists p90 was 0.24, while Cortes was 0.28. 

It's the 'extra' assists from a defender that worries me most, but most fullbacks should be able to contribute nowadays. (Yilmaz does have an xA p90 of 0.21.)

And that's comparing a well-established player with a youngster just getting used to the league. 

I know this post won't go down well... :D