The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 17/07/2024 at 10:19, Gonzo79 said:

It's a pre-season friendly against a Man Utd team with not many starters - what a player does in a match like this won't make much, if any, difference to how the support or management view him.

I just can't get pumped for pre-season games.

I usually watch about half of a half, week to week and see how Rangers are gelling. 

Even for a giant club like MANU. To be honest I couldn't name two play...one player on their roster. 

Wayne Rooney has retired...there was that angry Irish guy...nope.

49 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Tyrese Campbell

The Fast and Furious guy? Nice!

1 hour ago, compo said:

Maybe we should hang a big sign up saying, Bring us your sick your lame your injured.

Bring us your sick your lame your injured. We will sign them to a five year deal at twice their current wage. 

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Rangers are showing an interest in Tyrese Campbell, the 24-year-old striker who has left Stoke City, with Sheffield United, West Bromwich Albion, Queens Park Rangers, Preston North End and Cardiff City also among his admirers.

SU, WBA and PNE were once mighty in their land but two classes below Rangers. Now, if Daily Mail is believable, they’re competition for a player who’s left Stoke. 

34 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I just can't get pumped for pre-season games.

Usually everyone is keen to see new faces when pre-season starts but due to the the lack of transfer activity this time, even that aspect is severely dulled.  

I'll watch the game tomorrow but suspect I'll probably spend 50% of the time fannying about on my phone and sticking albums on.  And I have a real hatred for Man Utd - horrible club. 

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

And I have a real hatred for Man Utd - horrible club. 

Snap and live about 20 minutes away but I'm not going..........

Competitive games were bad enough last season never mind friendlies :D 

1 minute ago, Whosthedado said:

Snap and live about 20 minutes away but I'm not going..........

Competitive games were bad enough last season never mind friendlies :D 

I don't bother with friendly matches and I don't like Man Red.

Despite that I would probably go if I was as near as you.

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

These stats are always tricky. Some players are starters for their side, others "utilized", others essentially squad people to fill in for injuries. Every RB squad player with us would have horrendous stats due to Tav being there every game. 

IMHO, these stats are pretty worthless for future signings, since the players have to perform for a new team in a new environment and possibly with a different job (first choice, second choice, squad filler). They may hardly get a game for their old club, but suddenly become nearly first choice with us. So at best, these stats are "interesting", but objectively, they count for little if these boys step onto the pitch in our colours.

You're looking too much into it.

I merely wanted a way of visualising the age profile of our targets compared to minutes played. 

22 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I don't bother with friendly matches and I don't like Man Red.

Despite that I would probably go if I was as near as you.

It'll be Man Utd's kids too. They will probably still horse us too so nah not for me

45 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Snap and live about 20 minutes away but I'm not going....

You can't be far from me then.  The funny thing is, I'll be in Germany watching us next Saturday!

Currywurst Loyal

I will say this in regards to Shankland if the club has any intention of moving for him not to wait until he can sign for another club some fans might remember how we watched Willie Wallace for what seemed to be an eternity then when we went to play an away European tie big brawbaws across the city nipped in and got him for £28,000 a steal about a year later we wasted nearly double that amount buying Alex Smith so if there’s any interest beware of getting caught in the traps by some English outfit.