The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

IMO Conway would be a good acquisition but we'll need more than the Kamara sell-on money to finance it (presuming that he is still under contract).

Maybe it was the red wine but I'm sure I read that he has a release clause in his contract (300k)? Or was it because he is in the last year if his contract? 

10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Maybe it was the red wine but I'm sure I read that he has a release clause in his contract (300k)? Or was it because he is in the last year if his contract? 

He has been relegated back to Bristol City's U21s as he is refusing to sign a new contract. Don't know much about him, scored 20 goals in 82 appearances. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/tommy-conway-bristol-city-contract-9421002

26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He has been relegated back to Bristol City's U21s as he is refusing to sign a new contract. Don't know much about him, scored 20 goals in 82 appearances. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/tommy-conway-bristol-city-contract-9421002

Have only seen him play once but I liked his attitude and I reckon he will do well in the game.

Now would be the time to make an attempt to sign him because he'll soon be out of our financial orbit, if he improves.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Have only seen him play once but I liked his attitude and I reckon he will do well in the game.

Now would be the time to make an attempt to sign him because he'll soon be out of our financial orbit, if he improves.

The linked article says he's expressed a desire to leave City in this window but they've not received any offers as yet.

So if we get the rumoured £3-4M for Tav, how much of that do we spend in a replacement right back? 

We will 100% need a replacement as Sterling whilst a "find" last season had injury problems (and has historically). 

A decent fee and freeing up hus wages is a good outcome but be interesting to see how the money is used. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So if we get the rumoured £3-4M for Tav, how much of that do we spend in a replacement right back? 

We will 100% need a replacement as Sterling whilst a "find" last season had injury problems (and has historically). 

A decent fee and freeing up hus wages is a good outcome but be interesting to see how the money is used. 

Presume Adam Devine not seen as Tav’s replacement then ( assuming Tav goes to trabzonspor which I doubt)

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Dunno, his injury history over on TM is having essentially "no history" of injuries. He missed 9 games in season 22/23 due to a groin issue. The time with us is more like "not being used" rather than injury.

That aside, Adam Devine wasn't showing up too bad, and Balogun can step in for as long as he isn't injured either. Given that we could just as well go to three at the back and hand a place to a right-sided midfielder instead, at least during most of the Scottish games, right-back is no real priority IMHO.

29 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Dunno, his injury history over on TM is having essentially "no history" of injuries. He missed 9 games in season 22/23 due to a groin issue. The time with us is more like "not being used" rather than injury.

That aside, Adam Devine wasn't showing up too bad, and Balogun can step in for as long as he isn't injured either. Given that we could just as well go to three at the back and hand a place to a right-sided midfielder instead, at least during most of the Scottish games, right-back is no real priority IMHO.

Devine couldn't hold down the RB slot at Motherwell so that suggests he ain't gonna (ready) to hold it down at Ibrox. 

We wouldn't have signed a LB if we are going with 3 at the back.l, and we don't have sufficient decent CBs to go 3 at back.  We now have 2 LBs (assuming Yilmaz doesn't leave), so we'll need 2 RBs.

IMO if / when Tav leaves then a replacement RB becomes a top priority. 

Edited by CammyF

33 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Presume Adam Devine not seen as Tav’s replacement then ( assuming Tav goes to trabzonspor which I doubt)

Didn't manage to hold down the RB slot whilst at loan at Motherwell, so would suggest he isn't ready to be our starting RB. I'd like to see him go out on loan again.