The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Loan deals are the harsh reality for a club with our operating budget.

Some of the biggest clubs in the world loan players, Man U done it past few seasons. Big teams in Italy loan each other players often. Its been part of football for decades which seems to have taken some time to reach Scotland. Other mob FC often loan players and they are supposedly 'cash rich'.  

Yes, you're right SBG. FFP obviously has an effect now too, and tbh it can work to your advantage too, Loan to buy for example, rather than shelling out big money only for a player not to work out.

Edited by Devil's advocaat

Just on the Traore link, seen a few losing their heads over the price and his age - 29 in football today is not the 29 some of you saw week in week out during 9 in a row.

We could get 3 good years out of him in what is a really poor standard of football in Scotland.

I do understand the Shankland whataboutery though.

We want good experience, unfortunately that's the price.

8 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I do understand the Shankland whataboutery though.

We want good experience, unfortunately that's the price.

I'd rather sit and wait for Shankland and get him next summer for free. No brainer. Hearts would want 2.5 million at least for him.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'd rather sit and wait for Shankland and get him next summer for free. No brainer. Hearts would want 2.5 million at least for him.

And the rest, he carried them hard last season.

I've never begrudged them thinking they should get 4m for him - without his goals they'd have been struggling big time.

Hopefully the clubs been in contact with his agent, we can sign him in January no?

The Scotsman running a story saying that we've got a windfall from Glen Kamara's move to Rennes coming and that we could use it to move for Tommy Conway after we had made a breakthrough in our pursuit. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

The Scotsman running a story saying that we've got a windfall from Glen Kamara's move to Rennes coming and that we could use it to move for Tommy Conway after we had made a breakthrough in our pursuit. 

IMO Conway would be a good acquisition but we'll need more than the Kamara sell-on money to finance it (presuming that he is still under contract).

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, yuddie said:

Anything like 3m and we take it and leg it.

Thanks for the service, don't slam the door!

When a respected Turkish media outlet was asked if Fabrizio was on the mark with this, they replied "no".

Time will tell I suppose. 

EDIT - another Turkish outlet saying personal terms agreed but clubs are £1M apart on the fee.

Edited by CammyF