The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

11 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I've never felt so pessimistic about the start to a season. And I'm normally a glass half-full type.

Things can change fast during the transfer window but it certainly looks pretty grim, as it stands.

24 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we actually sold Kamara a season too late and we definitely dropped the ball on Kent and Alfie. 

Although I think the root cause of our issue is we have no faith in recruitment to replace good players when we do sell, and that goes back to the mindset Gerrard had. And I cant blame him our recruitment has been poor. Last 2 seasons especially. Recruitment under Gerrard was good in comparison.

Probably agree with Kamara - but we still made a very good profit on him. 

We definitely dropped the ball with Kent and Alfie especially when it could be argued that both excelled in Europe rather than domestically.  This should have seen them both sold at a decent profit or very healthy profit in Alfie's case.

So Clement mentioned yesterday that we've convinced some players to join, but still have to agree the "finacials". 

So are we thinking these players are? McLean, Jordan and Sima? 

As for outgoings, appears Lammers isn't willing to drop wages (his perogative) so stuck with him hopefully just in the short term. 

Sheffield Wednesday managed mentioned he was hopeful of adding players this week, hopefully Scott Wright is one of those.

All gone quiet on the Tav and Goldson to Saudi and Goldson to Birmingham. 

so little or no action until we can shift some players. 

At the end of the day, we will only know how good or bad a player is going to be ... at the end (sic!) of this season. And that holds true for those we have and those we'll sign. In the here and now, it matters little that players were so good last season or 4 years ago. They have to go out there and claim silverware this coming season. Last season's goal-tallies mean very little in three weeks time.

I have heard the moans and groans about "legendary" players leaving since the days of Gough, Butcher, McCoist, McCall, Laudrup and Co.. Morelos was another, Tavernier is the current legend. I'd have no real problem if we kept him on ... as a right-sided midfielder. But we will sign successors to anyone, and for the best part of my Bear-life, we have done so successfully. The dark years still hamper us greatly, mainly because the Yahoos have a European well of gold that we lack. Aside from a knack of buying players on the cheap and selling them with mega-profits. So, for the time being, we'll have to be content with what we can afford, and need clever people spotting players suitable for our environment. And managers who adopt tactics according to our environment.

As I said, the players we have seem to be decent enough, perhaps we add a few promising youngsters as well. There are obviously areas that need more depth, but the window hasn't closed and I do expect movement right to the last day.

NB: I think the gaffer meant Sima with players willing to come, yet Brighton has a good player on their books and every reason to keep him or play to the rules of the game ... like we would.

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

At the end of the day, we will only know how good or bad a player is going to be ... at the end (sic!) of this season. And that holds true for those we have and those we'll sign. In the here and now, it matters little that players were so good last season or 4 years ago. They have to go out there and claim silverware this coming season. Last season's goal-tallies mean very little in three weeks time.

I have heard the moans and groans about "legendary" players leaving since the days of Gough, Butcher, McCoist, McCall, Laudrup and Co.. Morelos was another, Tavernier is the current legend. I'd have no real problem if we kept him on ... as a right-sided midfielder. But we will sign successors to anyone, and for the best part of my Bear-life, we have done so successfully. The dark years still hamper us greatly, mainly because the Yahoos have a European well of gold that we lack. Aside from a knack of buying players on the cheap and selling them with mega-profits. So, for the time being, we'll have to be content with what we can afford, and need clever people spotting players suitable for our environment. And managers who adopt tactics according to our environment.

As I said, the players we have seem to be decent enough, perhaps we add a few promising youngsters as well. There are obviously areas that need more depth, but the window hasn't closed and I do expect movement right to the last day.

NB: I think the gaffer meant Sima with players willing to come, yet Brighton has a good player on their books and every reason to keep him or play to the rules of the game ... like we would.

Sima’s going into the last season of his Brighton contract. If he’s not signing a new one with them they’ll want to sell him

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Sima’s going into the last season of his Brighton contract. If he’s not signing a new one with them they’ll want to sell him

Yeah, I'm sure that will be Brightons preferred option. I wonder what price they are looking for? 

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

They want £7m.  We can't afford him.