The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 minutes ago, compo said:

I know we’ve started bringing in some new faces but picture the wage bill if we don’t offload any of the ones who are now surplus 

I know what you are saying but we did get rid of about 8 players whose contracts or loans ended plus McCrorie so we must have reduced the wage bill a lot. With the expected departures of Lammers, Hagi, maybe Dessers that’s another chunk and if we can move on Goldson that’s the equivalent of another two. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I know what you are saying but we did get rid of about 8 players whose contracts or loans ended plus McCrorie so we must have reduced the wage bill a lot. With the expected departures of Lammers, Hagi, maybe Dessers that’s another chunk and if we can move on Goldson that’s the equivalent of another two. 

If (and it’s a big ‘if’) we move on Lammers, Hagi & Dessers don’t we need to replace them ? And I’d forget about moving Goldson on somewhere. No way he’d get his £38k per week elsewhere 

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

If and it’s a big ‘if’) we move on Lammers, Hagi & Dessers don’t we need to replace them

Well, Hagi and Lammers haven't contributed anything recently, so those two don't need replaced. 

It's all about sensible squad management, although recent windows haven't exactly given us much cause for comfort. 

Coming to think of it, and still trying to be sort of objective, the Yahoos didn't exactly ran away with the title last season. Our squad was wrecked by injuries to new signings and important players throughout the season, plus some hilarious if not to say cynical refereeing and VARing. I doubt the latter will go away, but hope that it will not have the same impact this season. You would hope that we won't suffer the same injury hell, though ... much of it was due to bad tackles by opposition players rather than the much cited bad coaching - IMHO.

Danilo and Cortes will be like two new signings. Our left side looks pretty good defensive-wise, Barron will add some steel to midfield, we'll have to wait and see what becomes of Igamane and whether that season in Holland will light up Lammers' career with us (if he stays). The right defensive side, assuming that Tavernier goes, would be the department of Sterling and Devine.

My greater concern is that we will go on with the Plan A system in every game, no matter whether it is Dundee, Hearts, or some European opponent. Doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for a better result, is plain madness. It's not that we want to invent something new, we just need to apply existing and trusted things for the matter at hand.

If we sell Tav and Dessers and can't get Sima back (loan or permanent) then we've lost about 90% of last seasons goals and assists. Hard to replace.

Danilo being fit will help, but didn't think he showed much to suggest he'd score more consistently than Dessers. 

The CL qualifiers and start to the league campaign are hurtling towards us and no sign that we've made necessary improvements to the starting 11 / squad.

Hopefully see some outgoings / incoming over next week or so. Certainly need to move things along.

We can quote Tavs numbers all day long, and yes, they're great, he's been a fantastic buy for us. But his time has gone, he never really was a 'winner' tbh.

Dessers just isn't good enough. As others have said I wouldn't really mind him being a squad player, an option, but the days of us having £5M squad players have gone.

8 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

We can quote Tavs numbers all day long, and yes, they're great, he's been a fantastic buy for us. But his time has gone, he never really was a 'winner' tbh.

Dessers just isn't good enough. As others have said I wouldn't really mind him being a squad player, an option, but the days of us having £5M squad players have gone.

So with those dambing assessments of two of our more sellable assets, who's buying them and how are we replacing their numbers on a shoe-string budget?