The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just on the managers comments, it's confirmation of what's been played out in the market and what we've known about the clubs dealings - what's encouraging for me is that Clement has backed up his long term vision with this club and team with buying and investing in young talent for the future with the funds available. It might not be popular but it shows he's serious about the long term health of the club.

What isn't encouraging is the comments regarding his surprise with the current budget constraints. This snide dishonesty is seemingly rife throughout the club, possibly a legacy of Bisgrove, but there have been too many cases of the club being dishonest to fans and staff in recent times.

Hopefully the situation we find ourselves in with our current budget constraints and total mismanagement of recruitment coming to a head will be the wakeup call this board needs to operate like an elite sporting operation.

It's a shit storm of all sorts atm, but I think the prevailing thought is that the manager has to be backed by the fans because God knows he's getting it from nowhere else.

I would assume that Cifuentes, Lammers, Goldson, Tavernier, Davies, and Hagi are all off before the window closes. The money we'll receive for them is probably what Clement remarked upon when speaking of selling players first. People not needed or wanted take up places which need to be cleared first.

There have to be buyers, though.

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would assume that Cifuentes, Lammers, Goldson, Tavernier, Davies, and Hagi are all off before the window closes. The money we'll receive for them is probably what Clement remarked upon when speaking of selling players first. People not needed or wanted take up places which need to be cleared first.

I think it’s more saving on salaries than transfer fees for those players 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Cifuentes will not / can not be sold - he's on loan until January. The rest you've listed is just wishful thinking.

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, I am pretty sure that Hagi and Lammers are off before long.

Lammers has clubs looking to sign him, but they can't afford his wages. Hagi may move to Turkey.

The Saudi transfer window opens on 17th July. All our dreams or nightmares will be confirmed then.