The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, compo said:

I enjoyed the game with Ajax young players eager to play well and impress the manager but it’s clear to see we will need an old hand in the middle to help gel and encourage the new signings a bit of experience in the middle never goes wrong .

Jordan Henderson ….thats what Ajax have done i.e an old hand in the middle 

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Who’d replace them? 

That's the problem we have, but shouldn't stop criticism of the incumbents when they are clearly doing a terrible job. 

It's their responsibility to generate the needed investment or line up buyers for the club. 

19 minutes ago, CammyF said:

That's the problem we have, but shouldn't stop criticism of the incumbents when they are clearly doing a terrible job. 

It's their responsibility to generate the needed investment or line up buyers for the club. 

As experienced businessmen I’d suggest some of their past decision-making for the club has been questionable but also the club having about half a dozen ‘major ’ shareholders doesn’t help.

However if we could improve the football side that would help enormously. PC seems to me to have a different view on how we should be approaching recruitment. We’ll need to see how that works out

6 hours ago, CammyF said:

So our sellable assets?

Butland - our best player by a mile. Reason we signed Kelly is we are hoping to sell him. Would be a big impact if we lost him.

Tav - up there with the best on attacking stats but playing constantly catching up with him. Looks like he doesn't fancy Saudi so doubts whether he'll go. Big impact if we lose him.

Goldson - our best defender but like Tav playing constantly has caught up with him. Hopefully rumours of interest from Saudi and Birmingham are correct. Big impact if we lose him.

Dessers - 1st Rangers striker to score 20 goals in season since Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd. Some want to take anything for him. If he goes we need to get what we paid for him. Can we replace 20 goals in a season on a shoe-string budget?

Lammers - Very successful loan spell but don't think any of the clubs mentioned could afford his wages. Would be positive if we moved him on.

Cantwell - didn't feature yesterday and wasn't injured. Read into that what you will. Don't think we'd miss him if he moved on.

Hagi - unsuccessful loan spell but did feature are the Euros. Hopefully move him on. Wouldn't miss him if he left. 

Wright - Sheffield Wednesday interested but don't think we'll get earthshattering money for him. Wouldn't miss him of he left.

Ridvan - has had injury issues and hasn't shown much in his time here to suggest he is going to be what is required. Would be good to move him on. Negligible impact if he left.

Sterling - decent last season but had injury issues and we haven't yet found his best position. Would be a big impact if he left but don't think he has shown enough yet to get a "big" move.

I know my assessments will be in the minority here, but after Clements interview we need to start looking at the reality of where we are and where we'll be IF we sell the above. 

Tav and Goldson

Both are on the bad side of 30. Both are on considerable wages. Goldson is starting to show his age with injury. Tav is probably due a good spell on the table as well. Not wishing it, but odds are odds. 

I honestly think we are stuck with them until their contracts expire. The clubs that can afford them don't need them.

Butland

I find it hard to believe that Rangers haven't received any cherry offers for him. Odd. I was almost certain he would be gone by now.

Dessers,

Cyriel Dessers has scored 16 goals in 35 matches so far in the Premiership 2023/2024 season. 10 of the 16 goals were scored at home while he scored 6 goals at away games. Overall, Cyriel Dessers' goals scored per 90 minutes is 0.63. Moreover, Cyriel Dessers' total G/A (goals + assists) is 20 for this season. His goal involvement equates to 0.79 per 90 minutes. His Non-Penalty xG per 90 minutes is 0.67. This puts Cyriel Dessers's npxG output at 17.02 which puts him in the top 98 percentile of Premiership players.

https://footystats.org/players/belgium/cyriel-dessers

You're right. You don't just stumble into 20 goal seasons, or players who can. 

The rest...meh...wouldn't notice their departure. Injured, underperforming, or both.

16 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Tav and Goldson

Both are on the bad side of 30. Both are on considerable wages. Goldson is starting to show his age with injury. Tav is probably due a good spell on the table as well. Not wishing it, but odds are odds. 

I honestly think we are stuck with them until their contracts expire. The clubs that can afford them don't need them.

Butland

I find it hard to believe that Rangers haven't received any cherry offers for him. Odd. I was almost certain he would be gone by now.

Dessers,

Cyriel Dessers has scored 16 goals in 35 matches so far in the Premiership 2023/2024 season. 10 of the 16 goals were scored at home while he scored 6 goals at away games. Overall, Cyriel Dessers' goals scored per 90 minutes is 0.63. Moreover, Cyriel Dessers' total G/A (goals + assists) is 20 for this season. His goal involvement equates to 0.79 per 90 minutes. His Non-Penalty xG per 90 minutes is 0.67. This puts Cyriel Dessers's npxG output at 17.02 which puts him in the top 98 percentile of Premiership players.

The rest...meh...wouldn't notice their departure. Injured, underperforming, or both.

One thing we all know Tavernier can’t defend and Goldson can be awful some days Dessers is one of those players yes he’ll get goals but not enough he’s one of these players he’s slower than he looks 

3 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

If the mood on here is indicative of that of fans generally, then we are 2 bad results away from meltdown.

I understand the frustrations of Girdergate, lack of signings, etc but I was hoping that the hope and anticipation of a new season would be kicking in, optimistic fool that I am. 

'Girdergate'? We need to get sponsored by Irn Bru - that's made from girders!

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Tav and Goldson

Butland

Dessers,

Tavernier & Goldson are past their best now. It was madness to give them both 4 year contracts a couple of years ago. 
Butland’s form towards the end of last season was a worry.