The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can't believe it - We're skint!?

Brand new information.

Not new information, but the question should be why are we skint.

ElL final, 1 season CL money and decent runs in Europe for 5-6 years.

2 x record player sales (Patterson and Bassey). Also £10M for Aribo.

Year on year record season ticket sales (price increasing year on year). 

Year on year increase in revenue and merchandise money (of top of my head).

The board certainly ain't showing they are "best in class". 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sack the lot of them 🤬 , Yes we are seeing more and more players throughout opting to leave their old club for free like Mbappe for a larger sign on free but surely that’s down too bad management ? If Rumours  are said to be true about TAV and he has so long left on his contract your telling me he wouldn’t want the club to receive a fee that benefits the club, someone has fingers in pies and is pulling the strings the same  way they did with Alfredo and Kent  💯 

Edited by Fa1833

3 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Sack the lot of them 🤬 , Yes we are seeing more and more players throughout opting to leave their old club for free like Mbappe for a larger sign on free but surely that’s down too bad management ? If Rumours  are said to be true about TAV and he has so long left on his contract your telling me he wouldn’t want the club to receive a fee that benefits the club, someone has fingers in pies and is pulling the strings the same  way they did with Alfredo and Kent  💯 

I don't understand your point regarding Tav. The only offer we know about is from Saudi and he doesn't fancy taking his family there. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that.

Players have an option to run their contracts down, that's a reality. We can't force players to leave. 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't understand your point regarding Tav. The only offer we know about is from Saudi and he doesn't fancy taking his family there. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with that.

Players have an option to run their contracts down, that's a reality. We can't force players to leave. 

Yes true in Tav point I don’t have an issue either but as PC has said he aims to make profit on players he signs before they leave for free  ! What’s to stop every player we sign from now on doing the exact same thing ? Is this the new age of footballers mentality when signing for a club not to give a return at the club you  have spent your time at for so many years. What else can we do if this becomes the norm surely someone has to have a plan at Ibrox? 

Edited by Fa1833

2 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Yes true in Tav point but as PC has said he aims to make profit on players he signs ! What’s to stop every player we sign from now on doing the exact same thing ? Is this the new age of footballers mentality when signing for a club not to give a return at the club you  have spent your time at for so many years. 

There is nothing stopping them - that's the simple reality and it's not exclusively a "Rangers" problem.

It's not a real issue on players you spent little on signing (or got on a free) but it is when it's players you spent millions on (Kent as an example). 

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

There is nothing stopping them - that's the simple reality and it's not exclusively a "Rangers" problem.

It's not a real issue on players you spent little on signing (or got on a free) but it is when it's players you spent millions on (Kent as an example). 

💯👍

43 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It's a good question.

Haven't we covered this when the accounts were released? We're spending too much. Revenues slightly decreased 4% to £84m, but our expenses increased to £108m. That loss was offset by the income you listed above. 

I'm not an expert, but I think the business side is 'improving' - we can all quibble about how much - but the footballing department is not spending money efficiently. £5m on Dessers is awful business, for example, but even our wage bill is too much. I think someone mentioned that we have a higher wage bill than PSV (iirc?) despite having comparable revenues? They were streets ahead of us. It's not that we don't 'have' the money, per se, it's that we're not spending it well enough. 

I'm hopeful Koppen and Clement will improve things going forward.  

36 minutes ago, CammyF said:

[...] Cantwell was left out. Manager said some "small issues" but didn't elaborate. 

Despite thinking he's a good player, I've always thought he doesn't quite fit into Clement's style.

And, of course, there's the news that his agent is flogging him to some Italian sides!