The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I sense a contradiction.  

I reckon we'd take low offers for a couple of them, to get them off the wage bill and to ensure they don't walk away for free in a year or two.

We'll only know when the window closes.

So we're basically agreeing then...😀

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I sense a contradiction.  

I reckon we'd take low offers for a couple of them, to get them off the wage bill and to ensure they don't walk away for free in a year or two.

We'll only know when the window closes.

We can’t force players to leave if they’re under contract. 

13 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

We can’t force players to leave if they’re under contract. 

Of course not.  I'd imagine most footballers will want to start matches though, so a club can be persuasive rather than forceful. 

I said a couple of months ago we'll be paying for Beale for a good couple of years.  

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Of course not.  I'd imagine most footballers will want to start matches though, so a club can be persuasive rather than forceful. 

I said a couple of months ago we'll be paying for Beale for a good couple of years.  

Still paying Beale’s wages for a couple of years?

I thought if we sacked a manager with under one years service he got no compensation . Same with GvB. 

42 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I didn't say they were.  My comments are generalising a bit, looking at the bigger picture.  There are exceptions to every rule etc.  

when I listen to PC I think he’s of the opinion we should avoid the Lawrence/dowell/ Lundstrum type signings. 
Bosmans in their mid to late 20’s. Often there’s a reason( or reasons) why they’re bosmans